Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Mar 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 12 – (5.8.18) Pool, Denny’s and Animal Kingdom

I was wide awake at 7am and the kids were up at 8.30. I let them have some time in the pool while I enjoyed the early morning sunshine and wrote up some trip report notes. At 9.15 we all went our separate ways to get showered and dressed. Park bags at the ready we headed out of the villa between 10/10:30. We had planned more villa time this morning but I fancied a big brunch to keep us going until late tea time and really wanted to try Denny’s so we were headed to Denny’s on the 192. We did this via Berry Town Centre as this was where we stayed last time we visited.

Quick pit stop then we were on to Denny’s. We seemed to drive for ages and I can’t recall what was going on, whether the Denny’s that we passed were busy but we ended up at Town Center Boulevard in Clermont.

We made our way into the restaurant and had to wait a little while for a table. Being a Sunday morning we think everyone was heading out for brunch. Don’t think it took too long for us to be seated and then we ordered our breakfast.

No details on exactly what we ordered but here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

We enjoyed our breakfast but it didn’t turn out to be quite as cheap as we thought it would be, although very filling as there was plenty in each portion. With tip, total cost was $50.80, which we paid at 12:04.
Back to the car and we continued our journey to Animal Kingdom.

Today we took the Sherbeth Road entrance! Not planned but as we were approaching I think (if I remember rightly?) we had 2 options and I sent DH down Sherbeth Road, knowing from reading the Dibb it was a shortcut. DH was not convinced but this but trusted my extensive research and hurrah! There was the entrance, DH was completely shocked as he didn’t expect to turn right to enter the parking lot. Thanks Dibbers.

We paid and parked then hot footed it into AK straight to Pandora for our first FP at 12.45-1.45, taking a quick couple of photopasses as we did.

First we went to Navi River and collected a return time with DS’s DAS pass then rode FOP with our FP. Wow! Simply wow! This ride is absolutely amazing. Lots of Dibbers have said it before and I completely and utterly agree. The whole ride, the emersion in it is just fantastic. DS absolutely loved this and wanted to go to the Banshee Rookery straight away to buy his very own Banshee.

We were expecting this and DS knew the cost of the Banshee (thanks to Tim Tracker!) and had rolled over his spending money from previous days to make sure he had enough for the Banshee today. I knew that it was likely to be a waste of his money but that with his obsessions he may well return to the Banshee. (Luckily, for quite a while after our trip he did proudly get his Banshee out and show it off to visitors. It has now been sat in the box in his room for a while but I am sure once we watch Avatar (which he bought recently ) he will get it out again.)

In the shop we waited about 10 minutes in the line for him to get into the rookery. He was shown how to hold and look after the Banshee then chose his own and made the Banshee promise, so cute! He happily parted with$63.89 and we then arranged to collect the Banshee from the front of the park.

The cms here were fab with this as they told him it was Banshee Daycare and he would be well looked after while we enjoyed the rest of the day in the park. DS 100% believed them and was confident his Banshee was in the best hands!

Banshee shipped to Banshee Daycare we visited the restroom and then searched Pandora for Pongu Pongu. We went in a full circle before we actually found it! We bought 2 Night Blossoms to share. I thought this drink was delicious, it looked fabulous as well.

We sat on a wall and had a little rest while we drank them before we applied a layer of suncream. Once this was done we headed back to Navi to use our return time. With the return time this was a walk on. I think my opinion is pretty much the same as everyone else…nice ride but wouldn’t queue long for it.

Upon leaving Navi we went to use our next FP for Everest, having a couple of photopass on the bridge on the way over there.

Our names came up on one of the posters in the queue but I didn’t realise that it actually meant us until the next time we rode, I thought they’d just popped random names on there and it wasn’t until I saw them change next time that I realised this time they had been personalised form our magic bands! Doh! I thought Everest was excellent, really loved the speed of the ride and the theming was excellent. It started to rain part way through the ride which was just weird, but we still enjoyed it nonetheless!

When we got off the ride we took shelter in the shop for a little while, browsing before I chose a really cool snood to wear whilst snowboarding. Once the rain had stopped we went over to Dinoland and rode Dnosaur with our final FP.

Neither child was scared this time and DS loved it as he has a passion for dinosaurs!

We browsed the shop for a while before deciding to buy DS a T-Rex t-shirt but unfortunately they only had a children’s XL in stock. I took it to the till to ask if they had a different size but the cm ‘Gigi’ (I must not have liked her as I made a note of her name!) took me from the till queue to the photopass queue and literally whipped the t-shirt off me without speaking to me and started to ring it up! She was so sour faced and rude! I asked if she had a smaller size and she was not happy at having to go into the back to search for it. I don’t think she had the size we wanted so I think I may have bought the one off the rail, but then I recall taking it back to another store on Disney property and swapping it for a different size, this was maybe at DS on Tuesday.

We headed into Dinoland and queued up for Primeval Whirl which was a first for us all. Oh my word, what an absolute bone shaker this ride is. I thought it was awful and won’t do it again! After that we took a few photos of the children at the photo op.

We had used all our FP so I looked online and managed to pick up one for the Lion King at 6:00pm. On the way over towards it we ducked into Pizzafari and reserved a table for 7:05. We headed towards the safari as by this point it was 4:50 and we reckoned we could just about squeeze a ride in (looking at wait times on the app) before we needed to go into Lion King. As we walked through Africa there were singers and dancing going on. I would have loved to stop and watch but DS had left his ear defenders in the car and the singing was just too loud for him so we rushed through.

We went in the standby queue for the Safari at 4:55, it was listed as a 25minute standby so we thought we would be ok. The group in front were so rude. Two came from behind us and queue jumped to be together and the child they had with us literally stank because it needed it’s nappy changing. After 10 minutes we gave up and left the queue, deciding to try and come back to the Safari later on. We strolled around Africa and picked up some pressed pennies for DD before queuing up for our Lion King FP at 5:30. We were in the Warthog section. There was a VERY loud American woman behind us who was actually chosen to dance with the children she was so excited. Hilarious to see a grown woman with all the little kids! I thought the show was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it.

At some point the children played on the drums...

Upon leaving Lion King we made our way back to Pizzafari for our tea. DH had spotted a family meal advertised outside so when we went in that’s what we decided we would order. Yet another person decided to push in front of us here whilst we were waiting to pay, she literally could not wait 5 minutes for us to be served to ask her all important question. DH was not happy at all! Anyway, once we had figured out how it all worked we ordered our meal which cost $76.64, including drinks and we went into the seating area of the restaurant. DD was not happy when the servers brought us a massive dish of salad and even pulled her face at the 2 pasta dishes which came, not sure why. Anyway, she soon got over it and we all tucked in.

This was served family style so we literally just piled our plates high with whatever we wanted and it was really good food and such good value for money as there was plenty for the 4 of us. We didn't finish all the pasta/salad and didn't even start on the cannolis so the servers kindly boxed them up to eat later.

Dinner done we then all restroomed. Whilst I was washing my hands a lady came out of the cubicle and asked if we were planning to watch Rivers of Light. I told her that we had planned to do that and she gifted us 4 FP from the dinner package. So kind and very gratefully received!

When I’d finished in the restroom I went out and told DH what had happened and we slowly made our way around to the RoL FP entrance. Once in there we got ourselves some waters as we were really thirsty and we ate the cannolis and watched the show. I know there are mixed reviews on this night time show but I thought it was absolutely beautiful and very well done. We all really enjoyed it.

Once RoL was finished we headed towards the park entrance where we collected DS’s Banshee from Banshee Daycare, the cm were still playing along with this and told DS that his Banshee had been very good and eaten all his dinner. Super cute!

This is where my notes finish so I can only assume it was straight back to the car, back to the villa and bed after another amazing day!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like pretty much a perfect day at Animal Kingdom.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I have just binge read you trippie from the start and am really enjoying it. Looking forward to the rest.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I have just binge read you trippie from the start and am really enjoying it. Looking forward to the rest.
Thank you! I'll try and get the next day up very soon.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day! How nice being gifted the fastpasses!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab day! How nice being gifted the fastpasses!
Thanks for reading. Lovely pixie dust right there indeed!