Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Celebrity are defo not like lidl! They are more Waitrose than Disney in my opinion anyway. Maybe you are thinking of Carnival?

Anyway, I’d say P and O, princess and royal Caribbean are level pegging in general. I’m not keen on Norwegian, but I’m in love with their newest ship, the Bliss. And that’s a huge thing to think about. It’s not always the cruise lines but what their ships are like.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just to add we cruised with celebrity twice (Solstice and Eclipse) before we had kids and LOVED IT. There were no children on board, the entertainment was there if you wanted it but not in your face at all. Now we’ve got 2 small kiddos there’s no way I would take them on celebrity! I would feel out of place, and when we took the youngest on P and O last year (he was 1) it felt right. We were on the Britannia, plenty of other young families but a totally different feel to our beloved Celebrity 😂
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Disney Cruise

I see that DCL are doing Cruises’s to Greek Isles next year but very expensive. We have been on many cruises with lots of different cruise 🚢 lines including Celebrity Cruises did one with them last year to Japan , but they do attract older clientele but excellent cruise line.We have cruised on Royal Caribbean with the Grandchildren 14 and 16 ideal for that age group .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Celebrity is classed as the “better” sister to RC
celebrity is quieter than RC
RC larger/new ships are out of this world. Loads to do
NCL have big/new ships
When you say Lidl you might mean carnival
Old 26 May 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i've sailed on Princess, DCL and Cunard. All were really comfortable and good food. Disney was very relaxed with excellent service. Princess very american orientated which is fine by us and the flexibility of anytime dining for whatever cabin you have. Cunard was nice and staff very good but some of the clientele were so up themselves it was unreal. Their cocktail lounges are awesome though! I would like to try Celebrity next as i think they will be up our street. But, i think the way we will choose our next one is on itinerary. I would like to sail into or out of Singapore in 2021.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Cunard was nice and staff very good but some of the clientele were so up themselves it was unreal. Their cocktail lounges are awesome though!
I think with Cunard you have to take the approach that your money is as good as theirs. My parents are diamond on there and my dad especially talks to absolutely everyone and everything and is the friendliest bloke on the planet. Their best friends in there are a one legged motorbiker and his gothic girlfriend who drinks red wine by the bucket. We’ve done one Cunard trip but have 4 more booked so may change our opinion
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
But, i think the way we will choose our next one is on itinerary. I would like to sail into or out of Singapore in 2021.
We’ve done several cruises on Holland America in the Far East- they have some great itineraries. Might be worth considering them.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I think when it comes to cruises the price really does reflect the product in that a Disney Cruise Balcony cabin is about $1000 pp more than say the eqivilent RC cruise is but with Disney you don't then have the extra for eating in speciality restaurants and whilst Disney don't have a drinks package as such (you can buy 7 bottles of wine for $309) a cocktail is only $6/7 v $13 on RC.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List