Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Heat1970
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Morning - family splits/divorce and tickets

Looking for some advice

We fly on the 4th, There was 7 but now 5 of us.

My son has split from his long term girlfriend and she and her child won't be coming to Orlando.

We have flights booked with Dial-a-flight we have lost them they wont do a thing for any refund or credit note etc.

Musement for our 3 day universal tickets won't help

Haven't called Disney yet but I imagine they will take the same stance.

Discovery cove/SeaWorld/Busch gardens do appear to be helping!

I brought everything on Barclaycard thinking I might have some comeback

We didnt have travel insurance for my son's girlfriend and daughter.

So I have lost the child I was looking forward to taking , my son's girlfriend and about £2-£3k.

Life's cruel sometimes I am actually not looking forward to going and i'm not happy with these corporate companies that won't seem to do a thing and have done very little for large sums of money.

Any advice appreciated. Suck it up seems the best advice at the minute.

Yours depressed and tired

Joe
Heat1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Sorry but I don’t have any advice - awful situation to be in. Was your sons ex contributing toward her tickets etc -
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Sorry for your situation.

It will all depend on the T&C’s ( that we never read) at the time of booking or purchase I’m afraid. Credit cards only tend to provide cover for theft or loss, not non-taking up a purchased product.

We recently got a flight refund for a non-traveller but we’d booked with the airline direct and the person was able to get a GP letter explaining why they couldn’t go on the trip. She was also able to get hotels refunded as she had travel insurance that covered this.

I cannot think of any avenues to pursue but please try and not let this affect your holiday - it is a cliche to say it but nobody has got physically hurt and your son cannot have taken this decision lightly. It could be very brave of him to do this rather than be unhappy with someone on holiday that he would rather wasn’t there?
Has he got any funds that he can contribute? After all, they were his responsibility?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Is it likely to be a permanent split or is there a chance they could make up again? I get the feeling you are quite sad they have split.
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about this, and that's why we usually buy our theme park tickets with just a small deposit £10-20). If you are travelling economy then most of the flight cost would be the taxes so they can be recovered.

I'm not sure a travel insurance policy would pay for people cancelling due to splitting up.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sorry to hear about this, and that's why we usually buy our theme park tickets with just a small deposit £10-20). If you are travelling economy then most of the flight cost would be the taxes so they can be recovered.

I'm not sure a travel insurance policy would pay for people cancelling due to splitting up.
pretty sure this is correct as could be used by folk who simply dont want to go/cant afford it etc etc

OP not much help i know but assume you paid for all this the girlfriend/child cant/havnt paid their share even not going
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

How awful for the little one losing a holiday so close to departure.

A sad situation for all.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Would there be no option of them still going and doing their own thing or just being civil with one another for the sake of the child? It seems such a shame that the little one should miss out on something they have been looking forward to, not to mention the amount of money lost if they don’t go.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh how horrible. I can’t bear to imagine what a hideous week that poor kid is now having. My guess is no one has to or will refund you anything sadly. However. You could ask your son if you paid in the first place. I’m so sorry though. Life sucks some days.
Old 26 Apr 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Would there be no option of them still going and doing their own thing or just being civil with one another for the sake of the child? It seems such a shame that the little one should miss out on something they have been looking forward to, not to mention the amount of money lost if they don’t go.
Agree with this maybe the flight seats could be altered and they culd book some separate accommodation but it seems a massive financial waste and an awful situation or a child (who I presume is facing at least a second male figure in their life) Although after reading threads on here where a bio dad refuses to be reasonable we can't expect a 'step dad' to have any more concern I guess.
Also we don't know why if cheating has occurred it is probably a no go

Sending hugs OP xx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List