Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 31 May 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile Fjords cruise what to wear?

Hi all

We have a 7 night Fjords cruise sailing on the 31st August. Starting to think about if I need to buy any clothes for it and I realise I have no idea what to wear!

From what I understand the summer weather in Norway is kind of like here (could be anything) with extra rain. The advice I've seen is mostly layers layers layers.

But what do you tend to wear? Any specific tips? I was thinking jeans/tshirt/jumper/rain jacket but jeans could be a bad idea if it's super wet?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I wore jeans / 3/4 length with a top/hoody and a rain coat.
We had one very hot day. One very wet. The rest were just mild.

Take some decent shoes if you will be going any hiking. I had trainers but wished I’d taken my hiking boots.

Edited at 01:07 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’m no fashion expert but this was pretty much my standard outfit all week.
A packable coat might make more sense but I don’t like wearing them.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When we went to Norway (sailed 1st September) it was as you say almost typical British weather. Nice and sunny one day, drizzle the next. Have clothing as you would have for our varied weather at home, not sure why you would need extra layers.

Edited at 01:15 PM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Thank you Bev that was kind of along the lines I was thinking! I have a proper rain jacket and a packable one so could take both.

Not planning on any real hiking as we are going with my mum who has parkinsons. She likes to walk but intensive hiking is out!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
When we went to Norway (sailed 1st September) it was as you say almost a typical British weather. Nice and sunny one day, drizzle the next. Have clothing as you would have for our varied weather at home, not sure why you would need extra layers.
Thank you I guess its true its just like here then!
I think the layers advice I have seen refers to wearing a many thin layers rather than one thick one so you can add or remove as needed
Old 31 May 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

We sailed there last August during our mega heatwave in this country. I found fleece, jeans and either a brolly or pac a mac sufficient. Oddly , in one port we were in the pool at a warm 22 degrees C.

Returning to Southampton was like going to the Med
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We went at this time 4 years ago. As others have said it was so varied. We had a day of a massive downpour and ended up trying to dry our trainers in the tumble dryers in the laundry rooms as they got so soggy. We also had a day where we were throwing snowballs at each other in the morning at a glacier and sunbathing in the afternoon on the ship. Have an amazing time. It's wonderful.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went in early September 3 years ago.

The north sea was like a bath - I was on the top deck in my bikini on the sail up!

It rained - and i mean chucked it down - on one day - we hadn't bought any wet gear so stayed onboard!

The rest of the time if was shorts and t-shirts with a cardi just in case.

Evenings on board you shouldn't need anything more than a wrap if you feel the cold.

Have a fab trip - the fjords were our first cruise (DH hated ferries but fell in love with cruising) so we are now onto our 4th one!

xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I go a week before you and was just googling this last night funnily enough. Layers definitely seemed to be the common theme including wool clothes, a scarf, waterproof coat and shorts.

So, just everything then 😂😂
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List