Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Wamos Air - Thomas Cook Airlines plane change

All,

I fly in 5 days and got a call from TC today advising me that they have changed planes to a Wamos Air A330.

No Seatback entertainment, just screens in the ceiling of the aircraft and a 3-3-3 seat layout. As the TC layout was 2-4-2 and there are two of us going, would have almost guaranteed seats together.

What are my rights here with regard to a almost complete removal of IFE and a possible 20 year old crate flying 9 hrs across the atlantic?
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh no! I would not be happy. Hope you can sort it.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
What are my rights here with regard to a almost complete removal of IFE and a possible 20 year old crate flying 9 hrs across the atlantic?
I wouldn’t be pleased either - mainly because of the seating configuration change, but I doubt there is anything that you can do about it. Changes of aircraft are very common, and more so since the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max, and the knock on effect.

I don’t think that the age of the aircraft is an issue here. There are very strict rules about aircraft maintenance. Virgin jumbos, for instance, are very long in the tooth!

It would be nice if they made some concession for the lack of inflight entertainment though. Wishing you luck, because when Thomson changed aircraft on us years ago, we came out of it very well - but we had booked PE and there were no such seats on the substitute aircraft.
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

All,

I fly in 5 days and got a call from TC today advising me that they have changed planes to a Wamos Air A330.

No Seatback entertainment, just screens in the ceiling of the aircraft and a 3-3-3 seat layout. As the TC layout was 2-4-2 and there are two of us going, would have almost guaranteed seats together.

Sadly you contract is for TC to get you across the Atlantic you may have been in a slightly stronger position if yo7 had booked seats but TC can fairly argue that you don’t have assigned seats so you may well have been separated anyway.

They will also ave a clause for chang8ing aircraft for operational purposes.

I am not sure where you stand on being mis sold on the IFE as this would have been shown on the website and in the brochure I to be honest the seating would annoy men the IFE I could not care less I have an iPad and just put my own stuff on it.

If you are in PE yo7 May have hit the jackpot as they only have E and Business Economy is a 31” pitch which is the same as TC A330 and more than their 767 but if they have an additional seat on the width it must mean less width

I hope you still enjoy your holiday

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Could I ask what route you are on.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
All,

Probably the cheapest plane they could rent! There are plenty of Airbus a380’s available to rent which would easily transport people in comfort to Orlando
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

We had this when we came home from Mexico - but we didn’t even know about it until we boarded the flight! We complained as when we booked it’s quoted Dreamliner and had the logo next to the flight times and everything on their website. Quickly enough they updated their website. But got nowhere with our complaint. Had we had known before we left we would have charged our phones and iPads as it was the most turbulent longest flight I had ever been on! Everything we had was out of battery as we left in the evening so had been drained that day. Our phones were ok but being delayed 2 hours at the airport quickly changed that and then finding we couldn’t charge them up on the plane.

Just be prepared for no charging units! Book might come in handy (again had I known I would have got one! )
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks all, I'm on the MAN-MCO this Thursday. It's the move from 8 to 9 seats across that is also rankling especially as the divvy call handler at Thomas Cook led with the fact that the plane has more seat width and leg room. Gonna give them a call.
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Also not listed on the spec sheet but according to Norwegian passengers that flew on it it has a streaming entertainment system so get the app before you get onboard, we had this on AA and it was great.

I think some of the configuration have 32” and TC only 31” however when you speak t9 them argue that you need a smaller pitch on newer planes as the seat footprint is smaller.

I think your TC seat would have Ben 18.2 and on this I can’t find the figures but guessing it’s 17-17.5
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks Sew, do you know if it is the Wamos app ?