Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Anyone have travel insurance through Natwest banking?

Would you recommend?

Seems to work out cheaper for me to pay the £20pm fee to upgrade to Rewards Platinum account instead of buying travel ins, mobile phone ins etc all separately...
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
GDiddy
I want to go now!

I would totally recommend. Less grief on claims and less hassle sorting policies out separately.
GDiddy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I've got it and had it for years, but never claimed on it.
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lesleyjane66
Excited about Disney

make sure you don't have any existing medical conditions, as you have to ring and add on separately
lesleyjane66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We recently upgraded to get it. Had to declare some prexisting stuff and pay a yearly fee for that but was still worthwhile especially with the other extras like mobile cover and car breakdown etc.
It also makes the debit card currency charge free which is nice.

Edited at 12:12 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We used it for many years, paying the upgrade for our various medical conditions. This year my DH had kidney cancer and although the kidney was cleanly removed they said they don’t cover for kidney cancer but would happily provide cover for everything else. We refused and got cover elsewhere.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaaddict
Getting Excited

I highly recommend NatWest for travel insurance - we have it through my husband’s bank account.

Claimed in 2014 - I broke my ankle skiing. Paid €50 excess and they sorted all the hospital charges. We had driven to Austria. They arranged a flight home for me, and let my daughter fly with me as my companion.
Fast forward to Dec 14 and I was diagnosed with breast cancer, fully insured for our pre diagnosis holiday the following August. And, the cost to include my BC each year has been approx £150, £120, £110 and last year £80.
When I did a comparison quote for a single trip policy for me alone it came in at over £250 to include my pre existing conditions.

Edited at 02:53 PM.
floridaaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I've had it for years. Only hard to claim once when my son broke his ankle skiing. The clinic spoke directly to them and Natwest paid all the bills direct with them. They were very helpful and easy to deal with!

As others have said you do have to notify them of pre existing conditions.
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tumtum
Gone all Goofy

Yep, had NatWest for years through Bank account.

Incident in Orlando in 2016 where my 10 year old was in hospital for a day, quite large bills, but all sorted/refunded through my insurance after a few phone calls and web based paperwork uploads when I got home. Obviously they were informed while I was away too.

Will be using again when we go back in 2020.
Tumtum is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We have it, well worth it for us, car breakdown which you can upgrade to Europe when need to, mobile insurance for our phones, travel cover which is for cruises as well, they also do attraction tickets which can be cheaper than other websites.
I just phone every year to make sure I’m still covered for high blood pressure, no extra cost.
Plus you get money back on dd and some card payments to certain retailers.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List