Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jul 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
talluta
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Money saving food tips

Single dad trying to save some money. Myself and my two teen boys are staying in universal and heading to all three parks. What are some tips and tricks to save money on food. I don’t mind splurging on a meal or two, but need to find ways to save money. Any tips would be appreciated.😊
talluta is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

You may have a small fridge in your room which would allow purchasing your breakfast, ie cereal, yoghurt, fruit, bagels and sticking it in there. In addition, buying bottled water, beer and coke etc at a supermarket will save you money in the park. You only need one bottle of water or a portable bottle as there are water fountains in the parks. Cheapest supermarket is Walmart and the closest one to Universal is on Turkey Lake Road. It is 24 hour super centre. At City Walk there is a range of eats that err on the cheaper side, Sandwich Box, Panda Express etc which will fill you up. Outside Universal on IDrive is an IHOP which is great for filling up on as well. Grab bagels etc at the supermarket, throw some cheese and ham in and pack it into your park bag with a load fruit. Breakfast can also be cheaper at the Starbucks on City Walk. Hope that helps.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Re fillable mugs use uber to eat off site pick up snacks water soda for the room etc I know what teen boys can eat while deciding where they want to eat out
Check out off site resturants and sign up for coupons and discounts
If you fancy bubba gumps sign up for a Landry card don't forget to have your birthday during your visit
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s probably worth exploring if there is a public transport link to I Drive as soon as you’re out of the Universal bubble you will find much cheaper food. If you’ve got a car no problem of course. Sign up for coupons before you go. 2 for 1s. Birthday meals. You may need to alter your birthday at sign up! Take some cereal/cereal bars in your suitcase. Best tip is to do some research though and advance plan so you don’t end up spending because you can’t work out where to eat. There’s a map somewhere on here I think with all the food places on it. Perhaps someone will link it I can’t find it sorry.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mich80
a Friend of the DIBB

If eating in the park you can get meal deal. Main meal and snack later with or without refillable drink.
Mich80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
US restaurants are well used to and sometimes even expect you to get a doggy bag so take the uneaten restaurant food home from those mega portions (dinners especially) for next day meals or snacks, there's no stigma to it

Edited at 09:44 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Share the food at lunchtime as the portions are huge and you shouldnt need too much. Get a refillable mug for the park and as long as you all like the drink you can share. They are also refillable every 10 minutes or you can get free water from some places.

Eat off site in the evening if you can as much cheaper but if not then I'm sure someone will have ideas of where to eat.
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Start the day with a buffet breakfast (Golden Corral for us) then we find we don’t need to eat again until after we have left the parks
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Also consider taking cereal, cereal bars, crisps and snacks with you to have to hand and pop a few snacks in a backpack to save buying expensive snacks in the parks. Just remember and declare all food and drink items at Immigration on arrival.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi

Hope this helps it's a list of what food you can legally take with you, from US Customs and Border Protection, as long as you declare it

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use
Jennywren is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List