Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Jul 19, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What happens to my points?

So next year I’m hoping to stretch my points out by booking a studio at Old Key West at the 7 months mark. (Hope this is possible )

I’m going to book my home Resort - Copper Creek at 11 months to make sure I have a booking. Copper Creek is obviously more points than Old Key West so what happens to the left over points from the original booking? Do they have to be used that year or can they be carried over to next year? Can’t for the life of me remember- sorry holiday brain!
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They will return from where they came. So if you haven’t banked or borrowed them, they will just go back into your account - you can then bank them if you want.
Banked or borrowed points will be returned to year they were banked or borrowed into, not from. Those then have to be used that year.
Old 17 Jul 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They will return from where they came. So if you haven’t banked or borrowed them, they will just go back into your account - you can then bank them if you want.
Banked or borrowed points will be returned to year they were banked or borrowed into, not from. Those then have to be used that year.
Doesn’t it also depend on when he is travelling within his use year?

If the banking deadline for his points falls between 11 month and the 7 month mark, are the current UY points he’s no longer using at risk of not being able to be banked?

This is a question - as I rarely do this type of thing! 😁
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Thanks. I had hoped they would go back into my account but couldn’t remember!
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Doesn’t it also depend on when he is travelling within his use year?

If the banking deadline for his points falls between 11 month and the 7 month mark, are the current UY points he’s no longer using at risk of not being able to be banked?

This is a question - as I rarely do this type of thing! 😁
Amy yes, excellent point. If your 7 month switch date or waitlist match is 8+ months of your use year, then if it uses less points you have missed your banking deadline. All you could do then is rent the points. Something often forgotten.