Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Apr 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I see the park hours for April/May have been extended on loads of dates from 9pm to 10pm.

Funny how positive news is skipped over.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I see the park hours for April/May have been extended on loads of dates from 9pm to 10pm.

Funny how positive news is skipped over.
That is entirely normal. There was a time when it opened to midnight +.

Remember though there are Villains' parties coming next.

Kerching!

Sad for the people who don't look on Disney forums and have no idea the park will be closing early until they turn up.
Old 4 May 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

Well where are all the flags and well done Disney with the latest announcement of not 1 not 2 but 3 parks will now be having extended hours including early and late sessions.
Suppose I have just missed out on that well done for more free time in the parks . thank you DISNEY!
Old 4 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dizneemad View Post
Well where are all the flags and well done Disney with the latest announcement of not 1 not 2 but 3 parks will now be having extended hours including early and late sessions.
Suppose I have just missed out on that well done for more free time in the parks . thank you DISNEY!
Agreed, way to go Disney and they’re not charging for it

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Is this to make up for them kicking us out early unless we pay? 😂

Edited at 08:44 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Is this to make up for them kicking us out early unless we pay? 😂
Be interesting to compare how many paid events take place after normal park closing v extra magic hours. Based on this new announcement I reckon the EMH’s would be way more. Also be interesting to see exactly how many paid events force the parks to close early and kick people out

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've just done one of the paid events, it took place after normal park hours so no kicking people out early, whether or not there would have been EMH in it's place I don't know. It was the 30th anniversary of DHS. I ummed and aahed about paying as I feel I pay enough but in the end the idea of not having to queue and be in a crush of people outweighed the annoyance at laying out more money. Honestly I enjoyed it. I went on enough rides often enough (minimal queuing) that I made myself slightly ill (always a risk with me). Would I do it again? Possibly. I have been to EMH and they've usually been a bit disappointing with areas roped off and a mad crush at the gates. It's all about choices. I do think that Disney are becoming less concerned with their customer appeal but Universal are a whole lot worse (in my opinion anyway). As Tom says there will be a downturn at some point and assuming I can still afford to come at that time the perks will probably be more.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
When we started going to the parks regularly (2001) there was no EMH and no free dining. I’ve always seen these as temporary inducements due to the recession and expected them to end. I think if your regular visits started later when they were already well established you will see them as an expected part of the service.

Regarding the parties. I think they attract a lot of locals who don’t also hold a full day ticket. My dd was in Orlando last summer visiting a friend and rather than buy a ticket which was out of her budget she bought a Party ticket and spent the evening in the park. For her the party was a positive option which saved her money.

I must admit I’m finding the constant moaning very frustrating. We are off in July for probably one of our last trips for a while. Last mainly due to the age of the kids and the desire to see the rest of the world. But I’m starting to wish we weren’t going. And yet I’ve never had a bad holiday. We’ve had the odd negative experience but they have been outweighed by many positive ones.

Reading the forums recently and I won’t be able to get any fastpasses. Move through the parks due to crowds. All the food will
Be terrible and over priced I doubt any of this will be the case based on past experience. (Except the food which is overpriced) But it must surely worry first time visitors who come here for advice. They will end up wishing they hadn’t booked.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes, the rumour is (title) evening EMH being cut for hard ticket events, which seems to be happening. They wouldn’t sell many hard ticket events where you had to get up at 4.30am to get there for 6am for these announced for Star Wars and the other morning ones. This suits me if they continue it, it’s great for us as we are up early, but I think many will be disappointed with the cut in the evening hours.
Old 5 May 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I think you've summed it up perfectly Bev. Like you, I've had the odd negative experience but way more positive ones and years of treasured memories with the kids in our happy place. They must have loved it too as this summer's trip is to celebrate DD's 21st and she chose the destination. I actually asked both DS & DD if there were any negative memories of Disney over the years and neither of them had any.

I think if I was a first time visitor and I read all the speculative negativity it would have me worried, yet I wonder how many will come back, perhaps not having got a FP for any of the Star Wars attractions or whatever else is deemed "wrong", and still be totally blown away by the whole experience.

Like you, it's probably our last trip for a while and we plan to make the most of it.