Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
When we started going to the parks regularly (2001) there was no EMH and no free dining. I’ve always seen these as temporary inducements due to the recession and expected them to end. I think if your regular visits started later when they were already well established you will see them as an expected part of the service.

Regarding the parties. I think they attract a lot of locals who don’t also hold a full day ticket. My dd was in Orlando last summer visiting a friend and rather than buy a ticket which was out of her budget she bought a Party ticket and spent the evening in the park. For her the party was a positive option which saved her money.

I must admit I’m finding the constant moaning very frustrating. We are off in July for probably one of our last trips for a while. Last mainly due to the age of the kids and the desire to see the rest of the world. But I’m starting to wish we weren’t going. And yet I’ve never had a bad holiday. We’ve had the odd negative experience but they have been outweighed by many positive ones.

Reading the forums recently and I won’t be able to get any fastpasses. Move through the parks due to crowds. All the food will
Be terrible and over priced I doubt any of this will be the case based on past experience. (Except the food which is overpriced) But it must surely worry first time visitors who come here for advice. They will end up wishing they hadn’t booked.
Agree 100% Bev. We were getting a little fed up with WDW a few years ago but our love for it has been reignited with the ability to holiday there differently because of the kids being much older & to anyone hopeful & positive the negativity is horrible, When I read the article on EEMH yesterday my first thought was that there would be a negative spin put on it over here! It’s not constructive.

For the first time in 16 years on here I’ve stopped sending newbies to the site, which is a shame as there is a wealth of knowledge on here but I don’t want them to experience the negative side through their excitement.

Shame.

Ah well, like you & Jakki we’ve had 17 years of happy DVC memories, longer of WDW & will continue to enjoy whatever it is they offer us, when I’m at a point where I feel negative towards it, I’ll stop going.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
When we started going to the parks regularly (2001) there was no EMH and no free dining. I’ve always seen these as temporary inducements due to the recession and expected them to end. I think if your regular visits started later when they were already well established you will see them as an expected part of the service.

Regarding the parties. I think they attract a lot of locals who don’t also hold a full day ticket. My dd was in Orlando last summer visiting a friend and rather than buy a ticket which was out of her budget she bought a Party ticket and spent the evening in the park. For her the party was a positive option which saved her money.

I must admit I’m finding the constant moaning very frustrating. We are off in July for probably one of our last trips for a while. Last mainly due to the age of the kids and the desire to see the rest of the world. But I’m starting to wish we weren’t going. And yet I’ve never had a bad holiday. We’ve had the odd negative experience but they have been outweighed by many positive ones.

Reading the forums recently and I won’t be able to get any fastpasses. Move through the parks due to crowds. All the food will
Be terrible and over priced I doubt any of this will be the case based on past experience. (Except the food which is overpriced) But it must surely worry first time visitors who come here for advice. They will end up wishing they hadn’t booked.
We too are going at the end of July and agree with you that if we didn't have the experience of doing it all many times before, we would think what is the point? We may as well just sunbathe all day and we may starve!

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

It’s funny how the really negative people still seem to go year after year though. Can’t be that bad

I personally think the food is decent, overpriced yes but good quality for the most part.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I think anyone on this site is a Disney fan so to speak, particularly those with DVC, I have spent tens of thousands buying DVC. Everyone thinks it is a fantastic holiday overall, but many of us see it diminishing.
But it’s an open public Disney forum, and like every other one out there that I know, many of us get sick of the nickel and diming. i know we appear moaning Minnies at times, but some would say justifiably so.
Perhaps the question that should be asked is- given how extensive the complaining is, not only on here but now everywhere, does Disney now have an image problem in this area, and isn’t that Disney’s problem to sort? I’d be concerned if I were running the company -but income keeps increasing and bonus keeps being paid.
Also if it were not for complainers, even threatening law suits, most of us would have had our DVC points diminished for 2020 with lock off premium. That was a game changer for me on trust with the company. Even now they won’t say they just got it wrong and have suggested to those who they’ve had calls with that they may try it again. Bravado or real?
Blowback is sometimes necessary to make them change their minds as they are very concerned about what is said in forums, judging by their surveys.
And yes I will be critical at the $199 plus tax and tip Cinderella meal with roped off firework viewing area and cheap desserts. And yes I did comment on the DVC Star Wars one which they priced ridiculously high and had to cancel. Given all the negativity they had just faced over lockoff premium and Riviera restrictions - wouldn’t it have been nice to do an event at minimal profit? Again look at the Copper Creek Reunion Station they set up, again the prices for what was on offer was ridiculous. Again, why not more value for their most loyal guests? I’m not saying freebies, but maybe not attempting to take us for every penny.
But it’s Walt Disney World, and a forum about going to a theme park! And yes I go year after year so it can’t be that bad can it- I still love it. I suppose it’s a bit like my wife- I complain about her a lot but don’t want a divorce, partly because no one else would want me.
I will also give credit to Disney where it’s due, just wish it could be more often. For example, with Riviera, don’t like the location or the restrictions (will stop me buying there) but they have done a fabulous job on the building and rooms.
Once you have lost a customer, it is very difficult to win them back- moreso than winning them in the first place, as they have developed a negative brand image.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think anyone on this site is a Disney fan so to speak, particularly those with DVC, I have spent tens of thousands buying DVC. Everyone thinks it is a fantastic holiday overall, but many of us see it diminishing.
But it’s an open public Disney forum, and like every other one out there that I know, many of us get sick of the nickel and diming. i know we appear moaning Minnies at times, but some would say justifiably so.
Perhaps the question that should be asked is- given how extensive the complaining is, not only on here but now everywhere, does Disney now have an image problem in this area, and isn’t that Disney’s problem to sort? I’d be concerned if I were running the company -but income keeps increasing and bonus keeps being paid.
Also if it were not for complainers, even threatening law suits, most of us would have had our DVC points diminished for 2020 with lock off premium. That was a game changer for me on trust with the company. Even now they won’t say they just got it wrong and have suggested to those who they’ve had calls with that they may try it again. Bravado or real?
Blowback is sometimes necessary to make them change their minds as they are very concerned about what is said in forums, judging by their surveys.
And yes I will be critical at the $199 plus tax and tip Cinderella meal with roped off firework viewing area and cheap desserts. And yes I did comment on the DVC Star Wars one which they priced ridiculously high and had to cancel. Given all the negativity they had just faced over lockoff premium and Riviera restrictions - wouldn’t it have been nice to do an event at minimal profit? Again look at the Copper Creek Reunion Station they set up, again the prices for what was on offer was ridiculous. Again, why not more value for their most loyal guests? I’m not saying freebies, but maybe not attempting to take us for every penny.
But it’s Walt Disney World, and a forum about going to a theme park! And yes I go year after year so it can’t be that bad can it- I still love it. I suppose it’s a bit like my wife- I complain about her a lot but don’t want a divorce, partly because no one else would want me.
I will also give credit to Disney where it’s due, just wish it could be more often. For example, with Riviera, don’t like the location or the restrictions (will stop me buying there) but they have done a fabulous job on the building and rooms.
Once you have lost a customer, it is very difficult to win them back- moreso than winning them in the first place, as they have developed a negative brand image.
The proposed change to the DVC Points Charts rocked me to the core. That was money grabbing at its finest and proved to me once and for all that income is the main driver, not customer satisfaction.
That change would have been sanctioned at Vice President level.

Some may think that negativity is prevalent lately. I see it as informing those reading the boards of the current situation. Of course if people don't like it then move on and read something else. It's not all pixie dust in WDW it's peoples hard earned money being taken at a far greater rate than in the recent past.
Let's not forget those who cannot afford to stay onsite and are being pushed out.
EMH is a prime example.
I always strived for a level playing field in business not just to reward the high rollers

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It’s funny how the really negative people still seem to go year after year though. Can’t be that bad

I personally think the food is decent, overpriced yes but good quality for the most part.
We ate at the Ale & Compass last night and both had the Mahi Mahi. Absolutely stunning and as good as a Signature.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We ate at the Ale & Compass last night and both had the Mahi Mahi. Absolutely stunning and as good as a Signature.
Worth knowing I like Mahi Mahi. Will try this.
Old 5 May 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It’s funny how the really negative people still seem to go year after year though. Can’t be that bad.
Yes, that’s the bit I don’t get either, I think if felt that negative about somewhere I wouldn’t keep going back.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Worth knowing I like Mahi Mahi. Will try this.
It was a surprise to me as the catch of the day tends to be salmon etc. Mahi isn't a cheap fish to buy so well done to them.
Perfectly blackened and not overdone.

Old 5 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Where is the Ale and Compass?
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List