Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
The card companies they use which cover the Nordic region are not giving them the money due to concerns about company going under.
Doesn’t look goid,as this us what happened with travel city

news.sky/story/thomas-co...-cash-11722884
same with fly globespan as well.
Old 18 May 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

This is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. Financially Difficult times for Thomas Cook and many people hit the panic button and cancel their holiday thereby making the situation worse.
Will I be cancelling my holiday with them? No. My package is ATOL protected.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney-wife
Looking for my Ears

we are going May 2020 too. we are flying with virgin and staying at disney so everything should be ok and having that ATOL protection means we will get our money back.
Disney-wife is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

yes we have to make this decision because of work commitments and its rare me and ann get a fourtnight off together first time in a few years because we both work in health care and very difficult to get that long off together
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have booked flights only for our west coast trip next year and obviously paid the full amount upfront... I assume we will be able to claim back if we needed to as we paid on our credit card?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trinacham View Post
We booked well in advance for May 2020 but I'm still worried as I paid by instant voucher rather than credit or debit card (I save money this way through my work scheme). I can only assume I'm still protected as it shouldn't matter how I paid, I have ATOL protection, but I can't help but worry still. There doesn't seem to be an answer anywhere online! It does seem that unused vouchers are not protected. Anyone have any ideas?
Did you pay in full or just deposit? If its just deposit then I would make a small balance payment by creit card to cover the whole booking.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

If you’ve saved £300 overall then the Thomas Cool situation is irrelevant?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We've just paid the holiday off, I'm panicking but hubby said it will be fine. We would lose too much and as a previous comment said, we would be adding to the problem.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Whilst I understand your reasoning and you’ve actually saved money which is great. Thomas cook should weather this storm in the short to medium term.

They have reasonable liquidity holding more than £200m ( held £150m to 200m in the winter and it’s strengthened since - May 7).

The 1.45bn loss included an accounting mark down on the purchase of MyTravel. The actual loss was closer to £300m which is similar to the liquidity so workable.

The CitiGroup announcement is to be expected . Hedge funds holding short positions are going to want the share price to drop.

I have flights booked for 30/6/19 and although the situation does make me nervous , the accounting ratios that I could find , whilst not great, don’t look like a company imminently about to collapse. They will need to sell the airline and probably close a lot more stores as well though
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
Did you pay in full or just deposit? If its just deposit then I would make a small balance payment by creit card to cover the whole booking.
In full unfortunately. Realise now that I should have asked the question before to save this worry but lesson learnt now I've sent an e-mail to the CAA asking the question. I have an ATOL certificate so surely means I'm covered no matter what, but just want confirmation.
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List