Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question how many clothes do you take?

Ok so we don't go for a while but every trip I try to pack light but end up buying bits here and there ending up with way too much and despite taking half of the stuff I have packed out before we go still end up with stuff unworn. I'm trying to keep the luggage down next time and as such trying to work out the least amount of clothes we really need to take.

We are doing a split stay onsite/villa so don't really want to do too much washing the first week.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

If you are staying in the hotel first, I’d suggest taking enough clothes to last you while your there, then you can do a wash as soon as you arrive in the villa. We just stay in a villa so only take enough for a few days and then wash and buy new stuff too.
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

When we went away in May just there we had 1 case between us as dh had his clubs and I thought we should try and manage. We had laundry facilities at our first apt which we used twice, and a washer and dryer in our second , which was on almost every day. We still took far too much. I reckon we could manage with 3 day time outfits and something nice for night. I would agree with the above poster. Enough for the week then wash at the villa.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I actually take all my old oldies like a pair for each day and then just bin them as it gives us extra space in the case for coming back lol.

Clothes wise I take 4 prs shorts, 7 tops(tees/vests), pjs, swimsuit, hoody and raincoat plus flip flops, trainers and sox - plus i have the jeans and top i travelled in. Thats enough for 1 week and we do a load of washing on moving day (Disney to I-drive) then another load the next week - put it on first thing, pool time and its normally completely finished by about 1030 so we still have the day left to go shopping or do a water park.

travel light - more space for m&ms in my suitcase

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
Clothes wise I take 4 prs shorts, 7 tops(tees/vests), pjs, swimsuit, hoody and raincoat plus flip flops, trainers and sox - plus i have the jeans and top i travelled in. Thats enough for 1 week and we do a load of washing on moving day (Disney to I-drive) then another load the next week - put it on first thing, pool time and its normally completely finished by about 1030 so we still have the day left to go shopping or do a water park.
Basically same as above... all you need IMO
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
We stay onsite, but washing is a doddle, pop a load in, go for a swim, swap to the drier that is pretty rapid, another swim and then done. I always aim for a case no more than 12kg going out. 5 days of clothing is about it. one pair of sandals. Pool shoes. Toiletries .
I don't even take a towel as I use the ones in resort.
In previous years yes I have been guilty of over packing but these days its minimal all the way.
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We stay in a villa so take 7/8 days of clothing and do the washing there. It saves room in the case for goodies we buy over there. We travel to the Premier Inn at Gatwick the day before in old clothes and undies and keep decent travel clothes in our hand luggage. When we get up we bin the old clothes and put on our new travel clothes. Usually Disney themed.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
We travel to the Premier Inn at Gatwick the day before in old clothes and undies and keep decent travel clothes in our hand luggage. When we get up we bin the old clothes and put on our new travel clothes. Usually Disney themed.
We also do this. ^^ im glad im not the only one

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
We stay onsite, but washing is a doddle, pop a load in, go for a swim, swap to the drier that is pretty rapid, another swim and then done. I always aim for a case no more than 12kg going out. 5 days of clothing is about it. one pair of sandals. Pool shoes. Toiletries .
I don't even take a towel as I use the ones in resort.
In previous years yes I have been guilty of over packing but these days its minimal all the way.
Me too. It’s easy to stay within 12 kg (going out only 😂😂 ).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

No, I refuse to do washing and ironing on holiday. I take loads of stuff. Suitcase weighed 21kilos going out. Anything I buy over there goes in my cabin luggage. Never had cabin luggage weighed. Goodness knows what security think when they scan it. This year it had 3 handbags, loads of m&m's and a pile of t shirts in it ! I put my Aunt Jemima maple syrup in hold luggage. Depends on how long you are going for and how much you are going to buy over there. But washing nooooo ! Just wash underwear through when I'm having a shower.Thats it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List