Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Jun 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Top of the World Lounge for Paying Guests Only 4 July

It seems Disney is only opening Top of the World Lounge up on 4th July to you if you pay $100 each for a dessert party.

Never mind if you are an owner staying at BLT. Hard luck.

I am now really worried they’ll do this New Year’s Eve- think it’s almost a given.
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What next 🙄

It will probably get cancelled, just like that paid event in Epcot where they tried to rip people off. I think (hope anyway) that people are wising up! 🤞🏼
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What next 🙄

It will probably get cancelled, just like that paid event in Epcot where they tried to rip people off. I think (hope anyway) that people are wising up! 🤞🏼
I really hope you are right however I suspect not sadly.

YT. If the 4th July event is declared a financial success then have little doubt about it the New Years Eve one will be $150. However they will give everybody a Disney Pin worth at least $1

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I am not a DVC member, but if I were, this would really annoy me because its people like you who gave Disney the financial security and platform in years gone by when revenue was not as big as it is today with all the film and TV franchises Disney now own, to create the business that we all see today.

It would seem that the thanks for that is to start to pull the rug out from under your feet.

I feel sorry for the Dibb DVC community on hearing this news, where will it end?

Disney332
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Disney conveniently forget it was the DVC Members who actually paid for the said Resorts to be built.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Notice the event costs $99 (plus tax and gratuity) per person and will include a buffet of small bites and desserts, along with beer and wine for those ages 21 or older.

I presume as it's worded per person there's no reduction those aged under 21 or in fact children and if so I can't see many families attending what should be a family celebration.

With only 3-weeks to go I feel really sorry for those families who had been planning on attending this event, hope there's a huge backlash which results in Disney removing the charges or at least not charging for children.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I am not a DVC member, but if I were, this would really annoy me because its people like you who gave Disney the financial security and platform in years gone by when revenue was not as big as it is today with all the film and TV franchises Disney now own, to create the business that we all see today.

It would seem that the thanks for that is to start to pull the rug out from under your feet.

I feel sorry for the Dibb DVC community on hearing this news, where will it end?

Disney332
Edit to say that, even if i were there, i would not even attend on principle.

I seem to gather more principles as time passes !

Disney332
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s not a great venue for children anyway. There is a large high wall and younger children can’t see over it.
We ended up watching from inside through the glass as my dd couldn’t see anything.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I'm shocked at this, I know people accuse me of moaning, but heck this is one money grab too far. With the 'Wave' package they started (a precursor to this to see if people will pay for what is effectively a member benefit?) will we see this only for paying guests eventually?
I've booked BLT for New Year, there's no way on earth I'll pay $450 (it's ludicrous the average person wouldn't believe it) to go up the lounge if they also charge on 12/30- one of the reasons I'd booked BLT.
But if I were an owner at BLT, paying the premium for that resort, and had booked a stay for 4 July or (if it happens) New Year, I'd be absolutely furious.
I suspect also many of the owners / people staying there won't even realise and there will be a lot of angry people come 4 July.
Never, ever buy for perks. Buy expecting a bare bones product only, then you won't be disappointed.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What next 🙄

Unfortunately it's claimed it's selling fast. Owners will be v mad.