Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Dusty1984
I have Ears

Im going to look at the resales and look a lot more into them . I kind of thought the agent was selling the new hotel and to look at all options. Very good points in regards to whether the kids would like the dues but i guess only time will tell, and i could get a better understanding with if to sell or not.

My main thing has been to get as much information and a prospective from those in the UK using this. To basically get all the pros and cons i can and work them out .
Dusty1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dusty1984
I have Ears

We're would be the best place to look at Disney resell to buy point ?

thanks
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

We are a family of 5 looking to buy too, currently watching prices on dvcresalemarket, resalesdvc and sellmytimesharenow.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We recently bought through dvcresalemarket.com, was a completely pain free experience (apart from the ROFR wait), they were really helpful
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are looking for resale sign up for the emails. They are often in the emails before they hit the sites. But download the apps- they hit the apps, before they hit the emails, before they hit the sites.
Old 22 Jun 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dusty1984
I have Ears

Thanks. i haves spoken to humberto@dvcresalemarket . He gave me quite a lot of information to look at . I have a much greater understanding of DVC now and how it works , Resale looks to be a great option but i was informed that you cannot use your points with resale on the cruises.

I know that many have said don't use your points with the cruise as it will eat into them, but i guess the Disney Cruises is something we like doing so i would like that option to have.

Did everyone have to pay outright for their DVC ? i understand that you cannot use the finance system they have as its for US citizen only. So paying out the full amount seems the only way ?
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dusty1984 View Post
Thanks. i haves spoken to humberto@dvcresalemarket . He gave me quite a lot of information to look at . I have a much greater understanding of DVC now and how it works , Resale looks to be a great option but i was informed that you cannot use your points with resale on the cruises.

I know that many have said don't use your points with the cruise as it will eat into them, but i guess the Disney Cruises is something we like doing so i would like that option to have.

Did everyone have to pay outright for their DVC ? i understand that you cannot use the finance system they have as its for US citizen only. So paying out the full amount seems the only way ?
We cruise with DCL regularly - I would never use my points for cruising - such an uneconomical way to go. If I wanted to utilise my points for that, I would rent them out and then use the cash proceeds for the cruise. DVC points always get the most value from using at the DVC resorts only - in the same way i’d never use my points for say the Disneyland Paris hotels.

So from that respect, I really don’t think the worry of resale should put you off - Disney obviously want you to buy direct and so use that against the idea of resale, but actually I don’t think that aspect should have any bearing on a decision to buy resale, as I say, it’s such a bad use of points anyway!

I bought all of my points direct (cash purchases so can’t help with questions on finance), and I’ve honestly never considered using them for anything other than the DVC resorts - but I have twice rented them out (pain free via David’s) to fund my cruise or other trips! 👍

Edited at 07:51 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dusty1984 View Post

The cruise points are usually very high, so it costs you a lot more in most cases. I once saw some calculations and whilst this is only roughly what they said, if you used points on cruises they were worth something like $7 a point on average, if you use them on DVC, it’s getting on for $20. You can easily rent them out for $13/$14.

I had a Disney cruise booked for summer (now changed to Royal Caribbean) and I was paying cash, not using my points. If you want to cruise and don’t want to use your points, rent your points on here or even easier on Daves (quick and easy) and use cash instead.

Buying on credit doesn’t make much sense fiscally, it’s a luxury purchase, and if you can’t pay cash think carefully. Also the interest rate offered by Disney if you buy direct, at 10% ish pa is extremely poor, it’s a no risk lend for them as they retain control of the product in event of default at all times. You’d be much better off sorting finance in the U.K. probably. I paid cash, I would not personally have borrowed money to buy it.
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I was typing my post as Amy posted hers so they crossed, but we say exactly the same thing. I have also rented points out a couple of times when I couldn’t use them ( banked points on a new resale contract ). First time I got my points loaded lunchtime, and by teatime I had them rented and the majority of the money in my Paypal.
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

If and when the free DDP ends it will push up the demand for renting points and hopefully what you can charge.