Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Rider Switch: return times & FP

Just wondering if anybody would be kind enough to clarify how the return rider switch works since going digital?

For example, if I have a FP for SDMT between 9am-10am and tap in at 9am what time would my husbands rider switch time begin? Would it matter if he already had another FP booked at 10am, can you overlap a normal FP and a rider switch return?

Also, does the new system require a FP for the second party riding on the switch as I’d read there was confusion with cast members.

Thanks in advance
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I can’t say for definite on the return time as it’s based on the queue time at the ride at that time. When you go up though and ask for the RS they’ll ask you if the first party has a FP if they do they tick ‘party 1 FP’ and scan your band/ticket, it gives a slightly different wait time to if party one has standby. You’ll see it on MDE. You can hold a RS regardless of any other fast passes you have booked and the second party does not need a fast pass to ride, just rider switch. It has a start time but no end time on the RS but you can’t get another until you’ve used the one you hold. Essentially you can only ever hold one RS.

ETA. Sorry not to confuse things the RS has a start and finish time which is an hour, however the finish time is irrelevant but you can only hold one at a time so it is relevant in that sense. You can’t access the ride until the start time.

Edited at 07:43 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I understood it that the digital rider switch is valid for whole day but you can't get another rider switch until that one is used...
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
I understood it that the digital rider switch is valid for whole day but you can't get another rider switch until that one is used...
Yeah that’s right. It shows on MDE with an hours window so it may say 10-11am. But the CM explained to me that it can be used at any time in the day from the start time so the end time is irrelevant. But like you say you have to have used the RS before you can get another.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both so much, this makes perfect sense
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

So we are 3 adults and a baby, if we are fast passing a ride how many fast passes do we require per ride and how many rider swaps? Am I right in thinking 2 fast passes per ride and then the 3 adult uses rider switch using the fast pass que with one of the adults who has already riden.
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List