Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Dec 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I had very heavy periods, erratic cycle and mood swings and was referred to a gynaecolgist about 3 years ago as the GP was reluctant to put me on the pill again as I was 47 and overweight.
I couldn't use the Coil but have been on Cerazette mini pill (also known as Desogestrel) with no side effects, no pain, no periods except what I would class as mini period about 3 times in 3 years. Mood swings are definitely improved too, no bloating and no worrying about when my period might arrive.
Hope you find something that helps
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
CraftyAli
Earning More Ears

I've been on Cerelle since June due to menopause symptoms and being 47 the Dr wanted me off the combined pill. I was very reluctant but the pill has been brilliant and I wish I had changed sooner. The hot flushes, mood swings etc seem to be better, yes I have gained a little weight but apart from having some slight spotting once after an upset stomach I haven't had a period since which is lovely.
Hope you find something that suits you
Las Vegas, Washington DC & New York Sept 2014
Disneys All Star Moves Oct 2000, Oct 2003, May 2013, Sept 2016
CraftyAli is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I personally have had no problems what so ever with cerelle & have been using it for years

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've been on Cerelle for over 12 months, mainly for heavy periods which were really getting me down. Not had a period since and not noticed any other side effects. Everyone reacts differently - I'd suggest giving it a try and see how you get on.
Old 15 Dec 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Thank you - sounds like some of the things that I was trying to get away from by going on it.

The other thing suggested was the mirena coil.
I had a Mirena coil for 5 years. The biggest issue was having it fitted. 45 minutes in a very uncomfortable position my legs went into spasms and they couldn't do it so suggested the following month I DONT THINK SO. Ended up having to have a ladies op and having it fitted under general. I didn't have an issues except it "put me off" if you follow me (family forum and all that) I was convinced I'd end up with internal organs punctured. So, what it was fitted for it wasn't needed for!
I had another fitted against my will when I was under general again and when I woke up and found out I made an appointment immediately with my doctor and asked her to remove it!
I had no issues I just really didn't like it.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have cerelle and I love it. No period, no pain, no more headaches. My only gripe is i get spots! I had the coil and had a really bad reaction, my body basically rejected it and it was horrible, but my sister has been on it for years with no issues.

I'd recommend trying either, if it doesn't suit it doesn't suit.

Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Emi
Imagineer

Emi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I had a horrendous reaction to cerelle after going on after the birth of my second daughter. I swung quite badly into depression and it was very clear it was as a result of the pill. As soon as I stopped taking it I was much better. Honestly I couldn't believe how quickly it hit my system and caused such low mood.
Emi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Had a mirena for five years. Initial spotting but after a couple of months nothing at all. It's been great for me. Now on my second one.
Similar for me - 11 years down the line and in my 3rd. Absolutely no bleeding, minimal pmt cramps and aches but I admit I'm a moody cow! Think that's just the norm for me
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Re the pill, as people react so differently to it the only way you will know if it suits you is by trying it and allowing it time to settle. Personally I had to come off it after about five months as I was just bleeding all the time and it was miserable. No other physical side effects but basically just one giant period! But some people love it and it really suits them. There's no way of knowing how it will react with you so may be worth a go but also just be aware of the possible effects!
This was me! I was swapped from my usual mini pill - micronor - to Cerelle (I think Cerelle is cheaper but Dr said it was the same ingredients) and I literally did not stop bleeding for 6 months. Back on Micronor now and things have settled. You may be one of the lucky ones - no periods etc. Its worth a try.

I was also offered Mirena Coil but as I haven't had children and read some bad reports, I didn't try it. I am almost 46 so I think I'll stick with Micronor as long as I can.

Hope you find a solution that works for you
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

I have been on cerelle for years, no awful symptoms as mentioned and I have not had any bleeding, which is lovely.

I tried the marina coil after my last pregnancy and it wouldn't stay in! 🙈 Two 9lb + babies have ruined me lol.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread