Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We travelled with our bffs in 2013.
5 plus 5.
We met up we did our own thing.
We arrived 2 days after them it was theid 1st visit both on ddp so 2 meals as 10 (ohanas dinner and TH bfast).
We ended up with their son for 3 nights as we were at okw in 2bed and they were 5 adults at pors...

No issues at all
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I'd just say no

OP from what you told us (or what we could understand) it seems like your DS is trying to take over your vacations, or just tag along for some kind of free ride.

that doesn't sound good to begin with.

I'm often quite brutal, with friends, family, fellow dibbers, lol, but, if someone is not able to understand, or take no for an answer, then it means I was right to say no in the first place.

because if they can't respect my decisions here, they won't respect my decisions over there.

Say no, maybe next time, and if she makes a scene and doesn't understand, then you know it's no use to plan a next time with her

Edited at 07:07 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Im staying in pofq and have my flights booked and paid for. She scoffed at the fact ive paid for the dining plan... she seems not to realise how dear its got for food
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Just read the Brangelina report. Nightmare!

OP I would also say something along the lines of it's just a special trip for the 2 of you.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Try not to take the scoffing personally, and just say 'its my choice how I spend my money' and smile.

As for her joining you on holiday, I think the 'Oh sorry, but no. This is a trip just for me and son alone. Quality time, just me and him.' and try not to get drawn into anything further on the matter. Reading between the lines, I have a feeling that if you said it was a special trip, she might kick off and say you were insinuating she wasn't special enough for you to spend time with her.

As for 'needing to keep an eye on you' comment, I think the best thing you can do is laugh at it (in front of her), and say in a light hearted way 'hahaha, don't be silly, I'm 27, not 7.' and then just not get drawn into it any further.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd outright say no, balls to her, she has her own life.

As others have said, just tell her you'll see her there and if she wants to meet for a meal or something, then great! (do not give her any flight/accommodation information etc)

I hate family who feel they should be involved in your life, really grinds my gears.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Hopefully, all our comments have given the OP the courage and insight into being able to say "No sorry we are already booked and have done all our research as to where we want to be and where we are going to eat etc. If you come out we will try to fit you in on a free day if we have one" then change the subject and leave it at that.
Don't get drawn into anything or by the sounds of it it will be the OP who caves in not the sister.
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Tracey don’t worry yourself. You have booked your holiday and you know how you are going to finance it she hasn’t. Most people have the talk but not the means to back it up. I think she may be winding you up. Don’t forget if she does go, your fast passes will not be the same as hers. If she dies get the Money together then do what you want and tell her that no disrespect but you and your son are happy they are going but not you are not prepared to be in their company all the time.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Im staying in pofq and have my flights booked and paid for. She scoffed at the fact ive paid for the dining plan... she seems not to realise how dear its got for food
I would honestly stick to your guns and say no. I would make sure not to say the word sorry anywhere in what you say.

Can I just ask though if you think that she is intending to share the room you have booked with you? If so that would be even more cheeky of her.

We have just returned from POFQ and you will have a fantastic time - try and focus on that and ignore any dramatics
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This should be mandatory reading for anybody who is dubious about holidaying with somebody else

One word - Brangelina!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=706222
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I’ve got a lot of reading to find out what this is about now 🤣
Oh that was so funny, poor people
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List