Go Back   theDIBB > Welcome to theDIBB > Latest
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Latest Latest articles from theDIBB home page.
Ocean Florida
Unread 26 Aug 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Administrator

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 323
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel at Disney Hollywood Studios

A Star Wars vacation experience unlike anything Disney has ever created before will fully immerse guests in a galaxy far, far away when Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser debuts at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Exciting new details were shared Sunday live from D23 Expo 2019 by Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ann Morrow Johnson, executive producer and creative director for Walt Disney Imagineering.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will offer a two-night itinerary where all guests arrive and depart together, similar to Disney Cruise Line. Unlike any typical cruise, though, you can become the heroes of your own Star Wars story in a new type of immersive experience that only Disney could create.

You will cruise the galaxy in style aboard the Halcyon, known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations. Onboard, you will stay in well-appointed cabins, experience onboard dining, make a planet-side excursion to Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, and much more. Throughout the journey, you will be invited to delve deeper into your personal adventure by participating in onboard activities, interacting with characters, crew, other passengers you meet, and becoming part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga:
  • The adventure begins when you arrive at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for your two-night experience.
  • You will be invited to enter a Launch Pod for transport into space. Through windows above, youll see yourself leave the real world behind as you jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the Halcyon.
  • When the Launch Pod docks with the Halcyon and the airlock opens, you will step into the ships main deck Atrium to begin your journey through a galaxy far, far away.
  • A visit aboard the Halcyon becomes a multi-day story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters, and an excursion to Star Wars: Galaxys Edge at Disneys Hollywood Studios.
  • The all-immersive experience also features entertaining activities, such as:
    Wielding a lightsaber while facing off against a training remote, where you may discover your own connection with the Force.
  • Visiting the starcruisers Bridge to learn about ship systems and how to operate them, including navigation and defense skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
  • Every window in the Halcyon including those in each cabin has a view of the galaxy beyond, with ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from place to place.
  • Youll be able to explore the Halcyon and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship perfect for uncovering secrets or holding secret meetings.
  • Choices you make during your adventure will help determine how your Star Wars story progresses.

Unread 26 Aug 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just make sure you sell a kidney, before booking, by the sounds of the expected cost of it!
Unread 26 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
On the face of it, it sounds fun. But after 48 solid hours of SW role-play I think Id be scratching on the doors of an escape pod to return to something resembling normality (even by Florida standards)
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Blusteryday Blowout
Unread 26 Aug 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I think it sounds too much! I guess some will love it though and it is still going to sell.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 26 Aug 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I think it sounds too much! I guess some will love it though and it is still going to sell.
The question is who though?

As with Galaxy's Edge this isn't aimed at your average Star Wars fan as it is solely based around the sequels which, being honest, are now failing to grab many existing fans attention let alone hook in a new generation. Outside of Disney enthusiasts, youtubers and those with enough money to just give it a blast I can't really see the drive for your average fan to want to pay the money we expect this will cost. I'll be interested to see how demand is for this and when the discounts will no doubt start to be thrown at this to get more people on board.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endor Express - Next Departure
Unread 26 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well at a proposed $3300 per person for the two night experience it is extortionate.
Unread 27 Aug 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stubbs86
slightly serious Dibber

This does seem a little too much to me, I am no expert but is there a large enough market of people that will want to travel all the way to Florida only to effectively lock themselves into a box with no windows for 2 nights and days?

There will always be some level of interest I guess, but long term I suspect this might just end up being a Star Wars themed hotel with the role play and set time element removed.

Germany/Netherlands Roadtrip May 2018 - Europa Park & Efteling
DLP October 2018 - Cheyenne in Halloween season
Alton Towers March 2019 - solo day out
Stubbs86 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
Well at a proposed $3300 per person for the two night experience it is extortionate.
Is that how much it's going to be?
Dear God the World has gone nuts.

I suspect for the first 6 months it will be full. Then the die hard fans will peter out and they may find they have a millstone around their necks.

However not for me to worry about as I have bigger fish to fry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fourth Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR