Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Aug 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
millienoahleo
Excited about Disney

Mobile RPR club (disappointed)

Just had a week at RPR and was very disappointed with the club lounge.
Our only other club experience was at the poly, and when we booked we checked out all the YouTube videos, blogs and vlogs and were really looking forward to it but it definitely wasn’t poly standard.
Snack offering in an afternoon was a plate of crackers. A selection of cheese, which I think was left over from the breakfast,
And a couple of bags of crisps.
Sweet selection was one plate,no assortment, and if it was raining it was ram packed.
Like I say I’ve only the poly to compare with so maybe I’ve been spoilt.
(Just my opinion not looking for a fight or debate or anything!)
millienoahleo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lunch time snacks didn’t used to include cheese and crackers. It used to be pb&j sandwiches, then bowls of crisps, pretzels, trail mix, goldfish crackers and fruit.

How was the evening food? We often found it enough for a meal (and that’s when the cheese and crackers would also be out).

Such a shame you’re disappointed as it’s not cheap!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Totally agree with you. We stayed a few years ago and would never pay extra for it again. Not worth it for us. I know many like it and find it great value. Its each to their own I think.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It worked well for us.

We used it both on check in day and check out (we stayed just the one day).
Food and drink is expensive in the Universal area and you have to go a fair way away from it for better value alternatives.

As a guesstimate and for the 4 of us (it cost around £67), we had...

A better room with great views off floor 7.
Day1.
Breakfasts for all.
Soda and crisps taken out to the park
Return at lunch for more soda and snacks
Return at late afternoon.. for more snacks and soda
Happy hour with wine and beer
Evening offering with soda that meant we only had Nachos in Margaritaville to top it up.

Day 2.
Breakfast
Soda and crisps for the park.
Return lunchtime for snacks before taking... more soda and snacks to the park.
Wine and beer at happy hour.
We did not bother with the evening food.

I think we got our £66 worth when you just calculate 8 x breakfasts in the Universal world with drinks. Then you have the 20 or more cans of Coke, ginger beer etc for the parks.. then the snacks.. then the Alcohol ... then the evening hot food.

On top of that, it is a nice place to relax for half an hour outside of your hotel room while the kids are off in the parks.

I think it very much depends how much you use it. ‘Club’ meant that we bought nothing (other than in Margaritaville) during our 2 days in the parks as we consumed and drank from our regularly refilled backpack as well as periodically returning to the lounge. Normally, it costs us a fortune, breakfast? Lunch? Big evening meal? Soda throughout the day? Cookies and snacks?
I must also add that we tactically stayed in a ‘cheapie’ (Ramada that also had free breakfast at £60) on arrival in Orlando, checking in to Royal Pacific very early next day. We did not collect a car, having taxis from Airport and then to Universal, until the end of our second Universal day. This saved us on Carparking and also Car hire for 2 days albeit it left us tied to Universal for food.
As we left Universal late on the 2nd day to travel to our hired Villa and had thus been in Orlando for 48 hours, my total outlay thanks to Club and no car for the four of us was..

Taxis $40 plus $10 (could have saved by using Uber).
Margaritaville Nachos plus 2 cocktails (as the kids were in the park) $48 (Did we need them?).
Not bad ... $50 a day plus a $10 tip in Margaritaville whilst never leaving the theme park area.

In addition, it was never busy when we were there (early August).

I would most certainly use it again as it gave us a pleasant, air conditioned Oasis to retreat into and away from the chaos of the parks. We all perceive (and get) value in different ways.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:50 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

You may have been spoiled at the Polynesian club level as it’s the best one I’ve been to.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We didnt think it was worth it either, wasn’t much choice at all as you say.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had a terrible experience last month. Here is a trip advisor report I wrote. It actually got worse, our friends bought us the romance package for our 20th anniversary. We wanted to share the champagne, bought in the hotel with our friends, even that, made the staff cause a scene. They suggested 8 adults drink the bottle in our room. At this point we had the general manager up.

tripadvisor/ShowUs...a.html?m=19905
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
We had a terrible experience last month. Here is a trip advisor report I wrote. It actually got worse, our friends bought us the romance package for our 20th anniversary. We wanted to share the champagne, bought in the hotel with our friends, even that, made the staff cause a scene. They suggested 8 adults drink the bottle in our room. At this point we had the general manager up.

Oo that’s not good .id have complained as well . Why were they checking on you ? Did they expect you to have 1 drink only each ?
We didn’t get check in until 6pm on our stay and we stood dripping wet ( been on the water rides ) in the foyer waiting for a room. I said I’d never stay again for what it cost .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I'll start by saying that I think club level is not for me, I think it isn't worth it. The hotel is nice enough without it for us - we love RPR but wouldn't consider club for that reason.

That being said, how much did you pay for the Poly club level? I'm aware RPR fell below acceptable standards, but I think it is unfair to compare it to the Poly as that hotel is (I believe?) much more expensive.

I'd still express how disappointed you were in the offerings. You never know what response you'll get.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post

No idea to be honest. Maybe because were were in a big group of 15 all together (adults and children). All the issues came from the supervisor up there and staff just followed orders. I spoke to her direct, but if I’m honest, it didn’t make that big a difference...

I estimate we would have had around 5 bottles of beer each evening over the 2 hour period. We’ve decided next time that we’ll either try HRH club level or even just do standard rooms. We didn’t really eat the food as we went out on city walk on a night or went down to the pool.