Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
After the update I'm none the wiser if a booking for just Disney 2020 stay and tickets (no flights) will move to Hays or not? As the Freedom ATOL number is mentioned but a stay only isn't covered by ATOL and is covered by ABTA? However our confirmation email does mention Freedom ATOL number...

So confusing. I'd much prefer to keep the booking with Mattie and co, but no idea on the info given where I stand. I have time to wait so not too concerned, but if for some reason I have to cancel/claim and re-book I need to know ASAP as Disney Dining for 2020 will expire soon.
This is my predicament. Booked disney hotel and tickets with mmh and now i dont know if i have a hotel to go to in may. Im 🤞 and hoping and praying the (albeit "only") £100 deposit will go over to hayes and i can continue paying my sons first florida fortay
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
golflima
First POST

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Zero point ringing my magic holidays as closed their phone lines.
Hays is constantly engaged.
So I called virgin Atlantic direct. Who I thought I had a booking with via my Magic. Apparently I don’t.

I don’t want to sit and wait I want to book my seats and check prices have nt risen. If so I will need to cancel and re book. If it’s too late I miss free dining. I’ve been patient (for me) now I’m just finding it very frustrating having no answers and no way of talking to anyone!
Once the dust is settled it will be hopefully be rectified, I'm sure MMH is doing their best in light of the circumstances along with other travel agents and airlines. .

Whilst it must be frustrating I think you have got to appreciate the scale of TC going under. Thousands of people will have holidays to Florida and other parts of the world in the next few weeks and they must take precedence over those, such as yourself, going in almost a year. It is much easier to sort something a year out than 5 days!

Edited at 09:07 PM.
golflima is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by golflima View Post
Once the dust is settled it will be hopefully be rectified, I'm sure MMH is doing their best in light of the circumstances along with other travel agents and airlines. .

Whilst it must be frustrating I think you have got to appreciate the scale of TC going under. Thousands of people will have holidays to Florida and other parts of the world in the next few weeks and they must take precedence over those, such as yourself, going in almost a year. It is much easier to sort something a year out than 5 days!
Yes I understand that others take precedent and the bigger picture and our trip is a year away but that does nt mean I don’t want to know what’s happening so I can make an in formed decision and then make that decision based on the needs of my family. We have other parts of our trip booked. Things did nt work out then that’s a lot to sort. On top of that when you have an autistic child you have to plan and prepare things to the tiniest of details. Even a different airline will upset the situation. When things change it never ends well.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

I completely understand everyone’s predicament but I honestly think try and be patient. I’ve never booked with Mattie but my goodness I will in future. His facebook lives have been amazing to help people. I haven’t seen a lot of other agents doing this ? In a couple of weeks it will be clearer I’m sure ... AND there will hopefully be time for Disney to sort things out according to Mattie. I understand there’s a big picture for people and it’s ok for me to say - I really do wish everyone love during this terrible time ... but I honestly think try and be patient - this is unusual territory and I think as much is being done as they can. They must do these bookings in date order. Think of these people going next month ... who don’t even know if Disney / hotel etc paid / who have to get extra flights. Those a year away have time - wish you all the best of luck. My friend was cabin crew for 20 years she is devastated and has been crying all week
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
If it were me then I think I would find it difficult to wait and would want to be proactive to see how my booking stands. The problem with waiting is that if your stay includes Disney and the entire thing is cancelled and you need to re-book aren’t you at risk of not getting free dining as that ends soon.
Yep that's exactly how I feel right now, even despite the info shared I have nothing to do but wait at the moment so I can consider all options. However I have nothing but praise for the way MMH are handling the situation and feel relatively informed as things progress - despite having no direct contact.

I have quotes for various other options gathered, and appreciate these may change over the coming days/weeks. These quotes differ from what we had originally booked be it accommodation, DDP type, Flight cabin class. Just about finding the right combination that will match our budget (since prices are now somewhat elevated) should things be fully cancelled.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

I’m still confused about what happens to the money paid so far. We booed virgin flights, Disney etc ... does it just transfer over to hays (I read somewhere it was held in trust) or does it form part of the insolvency in which case we will have to claim a refund via atol. Have we actually been told that yet as I can’t keep up?

Edited at 10:27 PM.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
I’m still confused about what happens to the money paid so far. We booed virgin flights, Disney etc ... does it just transfer over to hays (I read somewhere it was held in trust) or does it form part of the insolvency in which case we will have to claim a refund via atol. Have we actually been told that yet as I can’t keep up?
As Far as I understand your booking is safe (as it does not have a direct TC element i.e. flight) and will be looked after from now on by hays travel as opposed to MMH, using their respective ABTA and ATOL protections.
As far as to where the monies currently paid lies - I don't know.
If you need to make further payments these will be to the Hays Travel Group once the finder details of how to facilitate this are ironed out.
From the live this evening it's hoping that going forward Hays and MMH will work together to help manage bookings/planning/assistance although nothing has been confirmed as of yet - there is a face to face meeting tomorrow where The head of hays travel and a business partner of MMH are going to discuss the next steps - so hopefully more information coming tomorrow.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
After the update I'm none the wiser if a booking for just Disney 2020 stay and tickets (no flights) will move to Hays or not? As the Freedom ATOL number is mentioned but a stay only isn't covered by ATOL and is covered by ABTA? However our confirmation email does mention Freedom ATOL

So confusing. I'd much prefer to keep the booking with Mattie and co, but no idea on the info given where I stand. I have time to wait so not too concerned, but if for some reason I have to cancel/claim and re-book I need to know ASAP as Disney Dining for 2020 will expire soon.
I’m exactly the same...Disney booking hotel and tickets but no flight. Waiting to hear...
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Steffib, here's what MMH said in reply on their FB age regards direct hotel only/tickets booking with no flights

these bookings should as the CAA have advised become direct bookings to the supplier for example a Disney hotel/ ticket package for Walt Disney world should become theirs. We are waiting on clarification from Disney
So waiting on Disney etc to say if they're taking on the booking direct.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm not sure why people are ringing when they were advised not to.
Once people start hearing back from Hays they will post and depending on when you are travelling you'll know when to ring. For now calling them just takes staff away from sorting things out to answer phones so is slowing the process down. .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List