Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Talking Should we fly BA?

Hello

I have had my eye on 14 nights at Rosen Plaza flying out 26/9/2020.

I've played around with dates but both Virgin and TUI are coming up around £2.6K for 2 adults which i'm not really willing to pay lol. Anyway I have pulled dates forward and its still around the same price. I just thought I would have a play on the BA site and the latest date I can put in is 4th Sept to get the 14 days in and that's coming up at £1.6K! I'm going to check once flights are released for the end of Sept and if its coming in at this I'm tempted to put a deposit down.

My only worry is we live in Yorkshire so Gatwick is a 4 hour drive home which makes me a bit apprehensive BUT a saving of a grand is either most of our tickets or most of our spending money saved straight away! I suppose we could even get a train which would be more relaxed.

Any reviews of BA? Never flown long haul with them. I've tried to search but not a lot coming up.
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I've flown BA to New York (Newcastle indirect) and they were great. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them. I too would just get the train down and make the holiday start a little sooner.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Flights for September should be around £400 each. Wait for the flights to actually come out before comparing prices. Virgins won’t be out for another 6 weeks or so.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have flown a mixture of BA and VA over the years to Florida and TUI earlier this year to Mexico, personally, I would happily fly with any of them and consider them much of a muchness.

That said, in recent years, BA tends to win on price 9 times out of 10 recently apart from a last minute cheeky week as a package last year through Virgin Holidays.
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I've flown BA to New York (Newcastle indirect) and they were great. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them. I too would just get the train down and make the holiday start a little sooner.
Thank you. Would have to change trains 3 times tho lol. Think the OH would prefer to drive
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Flights for September should be around £400 each. Wait for the flights to actually come out before comparing prices. Virgins won’t be out for another 6 weeks or so.
Won't Virgins flights already be out for early Sept? When I compare the same dates BA are still a grande cheaper
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
We have flown a mixture of BA and VA over the years to Florida and TUI earlier this year to Mexico, personally, I would happily fly with any of them and consider them much of a muchness.

That said, in recent years, BA tends to win on price 9 times out of 10 recently apart from a last minute cheeky week as a package last year through Virgin Holidays.
Thanks. I'm not too fussed who I fly with either really just wondering if BA book more rooms with Rosen on advance as all the Rosen hotels are so much cheaper through BA.
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

We regularly fly with BA now and we are in North Wales so about 4 hours away but the cost saved is worth it (I've just booked a holiday tonight that was over £1000 more for three of us from Manchester) so we just book a room the night before and make the most of it. If the journey home really worries you maybe look at getting a day room in a nearby hotel before your drive.

As for flying with them some of the aircraft is dated but then so are the Virgin 747 from Man - they are have and are continuing to refurb a lot of the fleet so you may be on a refurbished plane and I always find the cabin crew pleasant enough.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

What's your nearest airport? We got flights from Newcastle to Tampa via London for cheaper than direct from LGW. Can you fly from Leeds/Bradford or Manchester down to London first instead of driving/train. It's a faff to do the connection from Heathrow to LGW but I'd much prefer that than a 6 HR drive home after a night flight. Just a thought.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tre85 View Post
Won't Virgins flights already be out for early Sept? When I compare the same dates BA are still a grande cheaper
Nope. 331 days from the return, so coming back late August will be out now.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List