Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Shell52
Trainee Dibber

I'd paid to pre-book my seats on our Thomas Cook flights. What cost £25 each on that flight is £58 each on our new BA flight. I'm not prepared to pay more than £230 so we'll take our chances. We are 4 adults (DS will be 18) so I guess if anyone is going to be split up we are prime candidates. We'll manage.
Shell52 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

We've booked with BA for September 2020, 5 adults. It was over £500 to reserve our seats which is a lot of money. We've decided to leave it for now. Hopefully we will be sat together but for that amount of money I'd rather put the cash towards our Universal park tickets.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I've always paid for the seats as the uncertainty of not knowing would play on my mind and ruin the excitement a bit.

My friend always refuses to pay for their seats and used to brag that they had never been seated apart until their last trip when his wife and kids were at the front of the plane together and he was near the back all alone.
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
I've always paid for the seats as the uncertainty of not knowing would play on my mind and ruin the excitement a bit.

My friend always refuses to pay for their seats and used to brag that they had never been seated apart until their last trip when his wife and kids were at the front of the plane together and he was near the back all alone.
But did it ruin their trip and did he complain about it?

We tend to watch a lot of films on board so we don’t chat anyway. I would be fine with 3 together and 1 apart. We could swap between us if necessary but we probably wouldn’t bother.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post

Is that really an issue, for a few hours on a plane when you're all mainly going to be looking at screens with headphones on, or nose-deep in a book?

It may not have been their ideal seating arrangements, but I'm struggling to understand why it may be anything beyond the mildest of irritations.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

it’s an emotive subject, best advice I have seen on the subject on this topic is - if the thought of being split up on the flight upsets you then you should pay for the seats. If your all happy to be split up then just leave it and take your chances just don’t be upset if it does happen!
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

For peace of mind we always book our seats. Our did ours with Virgin at 331 days out (free) for the 9 of us. I did the same last year with TUI on the Dreamliner for Mexico.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
What principal is that ?

We want to sit together we pay to book, up to anyone else whether they want to take the risk as long as they don’t moan, expect others to move or assist their kids if they get split up it’s fine.

Regardless of what you think or how many times you have all been seated together families including children will be split up every year, you can reduce the risk of this by booking seats.
What do you mean when you say you won’t be expected to ‘assist anyone else’s kids?’
soexcited28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have guests arriving next week and they didn't book their seats as it was a lot more money, they checked last week and they had all been seated together anyway
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Galaxygirl1993 View Post
Sorry, its British Airways

We dont mind being in smaller groups or pairs, just not split up on our own
Just keep an eye on the seat map and see how many people have prebooked.
That said we flew BA in September and got seats together at check in 24 hours out
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List