Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Travel Day

Travel day

Surprisingly, we all had a good nights sleep & woke up with the alarm at about 6am. We got ready & met Laura in reception at 7am before jumping in the car & making the easy 10 minute journey to the T2 Meet & Greet car park. We checked in ok & thankfully were able to change our seats so Aaron, Edith & I were together in a row of 3 with Laura behind us. Previously, they had Edith sat next to a stranger and me on an aisle seat away from her and Aaron. Not ideal when she is at an age where she really needs to be trapped in by both of us. We sorted a wheelchair for Laura, she is registered disabled and can walk short distances or longer distances at a slower pace but we knew the walk to the gate here was 20 minutes or so which was going to be much easier with a chair.

We got put through fastrack security because of Laura and Edith, this was quite stressful just because we had so many bags, baby milk & the pram to empty and of course they took Edith’s milk of her so she was screaming blue murder. We made it through eventually and once she had her milk back, Edith settled down again and all was well.

We walked through dutyfree where Laura bout Aaron and Edith a pair of sunglaases each. Aaron had Oakleys and Edith Raybans, we thought the prices were quite good and we were right. The same pairs in the US were nearly 50% more, even in the outlets.

We popped to Boots next for some milk, crisps, chocolate and sandwiches for on the plane and then went to Frankie and Bennys for breakfast. We know this place isn’t great but Manchester T2 has a severe lacking of good places to eat. Aaron and I went for the America breakfast & Edith had toast, eggs and beans. Laura didn’t order anything but had a pancake from Aarons plate which filled her up. It was pretty good overall but an absolute rip off money wise.

I head over to Dixons next; I had managed to lose my Fitbit in the week running up to the holiday so I wanted a replacement. I went for the Charge 3 in rose gold and grey. We relaxed a bit next, waiting for the gate to be announced and letting Edith run off steam. I got chatting to another couple with a young son who were on our flight & that always helps kill the time. We realised we were at MNSSHP at the same time but we never did bump into them there.

Soon enough we were called to the gate & then to board. We took off 45 minutes late in the end but made the time up and landed slightly early. The flight was uneventful. We ate our sandwiches, Edith had a 2.5 hour nap, I watched downloaded Prime episodes of One Tree Hill on my phone, Aaron watched End Game & predator and Edith watched a few Paw Patrol / Peppa Pig episodes, coloured and played with other toys. Surprisingly, she stayed seated for the whole trip & didn’t want to wonder up & down the plane which was much appreciated.

On landing at Sanford, Laura was greeted with a wheelchair which took us to the front of the security queue. That was very nice but thankfully, they processed everyone from our flight quickly & by the time the bags came through (this took an absolute lifetime) everyone from our flight was there to claim them. We loaded ourselves up, used Laura and the pushchair as Packhorses and made the long walk down to Alamo. We were processed quickly and soon loading all our kit into a black Dodge Caravan. The drive to the Blue Heron only took 45 minutes. Edith was super excited pointing at everything and saying ‘water, more water’ every time we passed over a bridge. She was super loud and chatty until Laura shouted at her as she was trying to open the car door. From that moment, she sat in complete silence with a stoney face on and when we finally pulled up at the hotel she pointed to the door and then to Nanny as if to tell me what had happened. It was so funny. She was back to her happy self as soon as we got up to the room.

We were in Tower 2 again and had a lovely 2 bed apartment. Again, Edith was obsessing over the water (the hotel is overlooking a huge lake). She was running from the living room, into the master bedrooms, both of which overlooked it saying ‘water, more water’ over and over again!

We all took some time to unpack & shower, leaving for Millers Ale House at about 7pm. We were seated right away and soon ordering our favourites. Cajun Chicken Pasta for Aaron, Zinger Salad for me & Southwest Chicken Salad for Laura. We just let Edith share some of ours as she had eaten so much on the plane journey.

The food was all lovely but I think the tiredness / excitement had broken Edith and she was trying to climb the walls of the booth so we paid our bill and head to Publix.

She of course fell asleep the minute we got in the car so Aaron stayed with her while Laura and I popped in to grab the essentials for the condo. Milk, bread, butter, Nutella, bagels, cream cheese, eggs, fruit ect.

We were back at the hotel and all in bed/asleep by 10pm local time, 3am UK time! Overall, it was a very easy travel day.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw Edith was so good on the flight-it’s amazing that she managed such a long nap and didn’t want to be up and walking around all the time. I love her sunglasses.

Your accommodation looks so spacious and such a great view - no wonder you went back there again.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab travel day. Looking forward to reading more!

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow Edith is a true travel pro - I’m amazed for a little’un. All
Tips welcome and appreciated

Sounds like a super smooth day. I do like Sanford from that regard! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Lovely travel day 👍
Edith has grown 🙂 looking forward to reading more
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Edith is such a cutie...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Really good travel day x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay this was a surprise,great start,Edith is so good 🙂
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Edith's a travel pro already!

Great travel day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Aw Edith was so good on the flight-it’s amazing that she managed such a long nap and didn’t want to be up and walking around all the time. I love her sunglasses.

Your accommodation looks so spacious and such a great view - no wonder you went back there again.
I was amazed by her actually. It was a great surprise as I had worked myself up for worst case toddler

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab travel day. Looking forward to reading more!
Thankyou

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Wow Edith is a true travel pro - I’m amazed for a little’un. All
Tips welcome and appreciated

Sounds like a super smooth day. I do like Sanford from that regard! X
I have no tips, she just behaved really well. We had lots of sweets and toys for her & the IPAD loaded with her favourite tv programs but she just seemed to take it all in her stride

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Lovely travel day 👍
Edith has grown 🙂 looking forward to reading more
Thanks! Yes, she seems so big now every time I look at her

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Edith is such a cutie...
Thanks

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Really good travel day x
Thankyou

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
Yay this was a surprise,great start,Edith is so good 🙂
She really was, a little angel on this flight. Not so much on the one home... #spoiler

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Edith's a travel pro already!

Great travel day
Thanks for reading along
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List