Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jul 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Sons wire has broken on his brace

Why oh why does it always happened on a Saturday when the orthodontist is closed

Oldest had his brace for 18 months with no incidents but ds2 has had his 2 weeks and the wire has came off the back bracket. He can get it to stay on for 30 seconds before it comes off again so we'll just have to leave it. I'll ring Monday and try and get him seen on Tuesday.

He has bite blocks to try and stop him biting the bottom ones off but they mustn't be fool proof.

We are in Florida for 17 days next month - please don't let it happened then!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a brace and mine broke the first week I got it - I think the first wires are quite flimsy. The orthodontist wasn’t a nice man n he wouldn’t have it that unit a chip (French fry). I was cautious what I ate after that.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

My DD was great with her brace, top & bottom and a pallet brace, my friends son however wasn’t, when it was finally getting taken off he was told how much time and money he had wasted by not looking after it, but to be honest the orthodontist in our area can be very abrupt

Edited at 06:43 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My ds looks after his very well but it breaks m they fixings come off . I’ve lost count how many times we’ve been back. It’s all to do with his overbite nothing to do with care.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My ds has a "funny" bite - thats why he has bite blocks cemented to his back top teeth - its the back that's come off. I feel it maybe a recurring thing from what they said.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Both of mine had braces. One never had any real problems, the other was always breaking hers. Nothing to do with lack of care, just awkward teeth. It was a pain at the time but totally worth it now as both have lovely teeth.
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Could have been the wire is a touch short? I know when they’re long there a pain? If you give them a call first thing Monday they will have appointments for Monday to fix these sorts of things, it’s more common then you think. I feel for him, once the wire is stuck out it jabs the side of your mouth to pieces!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

The problem is they don't open until 9 and he leaves for school at 7.40 - although his school is only 8 miles away the orthodontist is miles away in the other direction so it's a 2 hour round trip! If I keep him off and can't get an appointment he'll miss lessons while I get him there.

He has wax to put on the end but he says it's not bothering him at all at the moment.
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

My dd has been back twice in the past 4 weeks. A piece has (the same piece) has fallen off. She is on NCS and is away next week, if we need to go to the emergency centre we also have a 2 hour round trip.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughters done the same twice. She had an over bite, had the big horrible blocks for 18mths & has had tracks on for nearly 18mths now too.
It's a real pain to sort when they break. Twice shes snapped the wire & twice shes broken blocks off. She's had the elastic band on and off which is always fun too.
A quick call to the orthodontist when they open & they should sort it same day for him. Ours always do.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List