Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

Mobile Ryan air hand luggage only procedure

Flying tonight to Lanzarote but never flown hand luggage only before and of course I can’t find anything on their website.
Do I go through straight through to security or do I have to go to check in desk first to make sure the weight is okay and the bag is the correct size.
Thanks
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Go straight through security. You only need to go to the check in desks if you’re checking a bag to go in the hold. I flew hand luggage only yesterday. They have bag sizers at the gates (but rarely use them).
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

The rules have changed since I flew with them last year. We took our bags straight through security and bags were checked at the gate but I believe now you have to book priority to take a bag through. If not you pay for your cabin bag to go into hold and you will have to check it in before security. I hope someone comes along who has flew after the baggage change rules! Have a great holiday!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Be really careful about your size of bag as they have changed what counts as hand luggage without booking priority:

moneysavingexpert/ne...ggage-ryanair/

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We booked priority and went straight to security as we’d checked in online at home .

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can only take a cabin bag onboard if you’ve booked priority. If not you can still take it through security but they take it off you at the gate (I believe).

The last few times I’ve flown Ryanair they haven’t used the bag sizers however I would just double check the size of your bag at home as I think it’s Sod’s law that if you don’t and they check and it doesn’t fit then you may be charged!

Anyway have fun in Lanzarote! I usually only fly hand luggage to Lanzarote with Ryanair and it’s all good (and luckily there’s usually lots of space and most people take hold bags).
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yup go straight through security. Double check you have everything. My friend arrived at Edinburgh and checked and labelled her case at the self bag drop then went through security. They were standing in the Ryanair boarding queue before anyone asked for her passport which she had forgotten (!) So couldn't fly and had to get her luggage back and go home and fly the next day.

That's the problem when it's all automated and DIY.
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

Straight through to security. They will have sent you an email in the last few days with the specifications for the baggage package you have purchased.

You can still take a very small bag on board regardless of whether you have paid for standard, plus or flexi-plus. With standard the small bag is small and 'should' fit under the seat in front of you.

We fly them all the time and its been ages since I have seen anyone weighing or measuring at the gate. Have a great flight.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List