Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Oct 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

upper class virgin from manchester

strange questions i know

does anybody know which lounge is used for Upper Class at Manchester we last used it in 2014 and it wasn't that great so i'm considering eating in the terminal instead

also if i use the lounge do they still allow you to take a guest in with you (guest would be travelling on a PE ticket)

thanks in advance
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
strange questions i know

does anybody know which lounge is used for Upper Class at Manchester we last used it in 2014 and it wasn't that great so i'm considering eating in the terminal instead

also if i use the lounge do they still allow you to take a guest in with you (guest would be travelling on a PE ticket)

thanks in advance
Aparrently it is the Escape Plus Lounge
flywith.virginatlantic/g...rt-lounge.html
Old 7 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

it was escape last time for us and was pants especially in comparison to the club house at heathrow .. mind still better than the delta (i think it was) at MCO x
Old 7 Oct 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
As already stated, it's the Escape Lounge plus in Manchester. A new Clubhouse is due 'Spring 2020' so depending on your travel dates it could be open.

You can always take in one guest (travelling in any class) as long as they're on the same flight.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

It wasn't great when we were in there September 2017 either to be honest. With the amount of other slots they are preparing to take over on the Manchester run I think the new Clubhouse should be a great improvement when its done.
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We went in August. It was being looked after very well. The hot buffet breakfast food was replenished often.
I thought it was much better than other times we have used it!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

thank you for your replies i'm a bit confused though as a party of three i tried to book for the 3rd person and it's saying it's full

we travel mid week in jan 2020

it has me wondering if there is a possibility that it will be closed for refurbishment or during the terminal work
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

interesting text chat with virgin and it seems that you cannot pay at this escape "plus" lounge for additional guests

so it looks like we won't be using the lounge at all, escape lounge is showing as full and the escape plus is a no to one extra paying person

Edited at 06:53 PM.
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Virgin currently use the Escape Plus Lounge for their Upper Class passengers at MAN. It's a [much] smaller version of the main Escape Lounge (both run by Manchester Airport) and is not fit for purpose.

In the mornings, Escape Plus is used solely for Virgin Upper Class & Qatar Business Class passengers. The breakfast buffet has been tweaked to appease Qatar (i.e. Halal - so forget it if you want a bacon roll). Last time I was in there I asked if I could have a bacon roll delivered from the main Escape Lounge - or could I briefly visit the main Escape Lounge to order+consume one? No was the answer. When the buffet switched over to lunch, it's also Halal just in case the Qatar flight is delayed.

The Virgin Clubhouse cannot come soon enough!

And just for the record, I am not anti-Halal. I just feel that in the UK I should be able to enjoy what is fairly normal British food. I've been to Dubai (a Muslim country) and all the hotels that deal with tourists serve pork products at breakfast - yes, they are on a very separate counter with warning signs, but it's available.

The thing I can't get my head around is that the Escape Plus Lounge are clearly trying to pander to Qatar for their custom with the food offering... yet alcohol is freely available in the lounge.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
In the mornings, Escape Plus is used solely for Virgin Upper Class & Qatar Business Class passengers. The breakfast buffet has been tweaked to appease Qatar (i.e. Halal - so forget it if you want a bacon roll).
When were you last there? there were plenty of sausages and bacon when we were there in May 2019 ?

HOWEVER I do agree with you, it's in no way a decent business class/1st class lounge. Shockingly bad really (although it was arguably worse when they sent everyone to the normal escape lounge)

If they really have stopped doing bacon/sausage when we're there at the end of this month I'll have a real strop.

Edited at 07:43 PM.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List