Notices

Old 12 Apr 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This ... With A Difference - March/April 2019 - Day 9

We all woke up at a decent time this morning. Got ourselves ready and headed out to animal kingdom. Originally our fast passes were made for animal kingdom this evening but within 5 minutes of #poundingtheapp I had modified them at got DH and DD flight of passage at 10.30, Navi rover journey for me at 10.50am. Then Kilimanjaro safari at 11.55am and Everest at 1.30pm. We parked up and got the tram into the park, bag check was empty which was a nice surprise. We walked over to pandora to use our fastpasses as it was now 11am. I rode Navi then called at pongo pongo to get a night blossom drink. This is soooooo delicious and cost just over $6 including tax. The boba balls are passion fruit flavour and I love that they fit up the straw! I finished this just before DH and Dd came off of flight of passage, again Dd really enjoyed this. We walked round to the safari which it was now time for, DH and Dd rode this and I waited for them on a bench at the exit of the queue, when they came off Dd was disappointed she didn't get to see any pigs (warthogs?), but they did see loads of rhino and giraffes and the lion was out.

It was not lunch time and we had decided we'd eat at yak and yeti today. We arrived at the counter and asked for a table showing our Landry card and were seated in less than 2 minutes which was great. I knew right away what I was having. We ordered our drinks, coke for DH and I, apple juice for Dd.
For our meals I had the crispy honey chicken. This was served with brown rice and was really good, I ate every single piece.

DH had the coconut shrimp and again thought this was really good.

Dd had the kids cheeseburger meal. She chose the grapes and yoghurt for sides. She ate almost all of this, I finished he last bite or so of burger and it tasted really good!

Total came to just over $60 including our 10% passholder discount.

After lunch Dd and DH went on Everest and I picked up a fastpass for them to do kali rover rapids a little later. After Everest Dd was wanting to hit the boneyard play area so we spent half an hour in there playing on the slides and digging in the sandy area for fossils.

The weather today had been better than anticipated so the ride on kali rover rapids was welcomed by Dd and DH to cool them selves off. While they were getting soaked I grabbed a fastpass for the Minnie and Mickey meet and greet, so when they came off the ride that's where we headed. This was one of the best character meets we've had in a while. Both Minnie and Mickey were interacting with all of us saying they liked DD's dress and my Epcot ears and Minnie was flirting with DH which was hilarious and Mickey kept stropping.

After meeting the mice we called it a day on our time in animal kingdom for this trip and drove over to magic kingdom, we arrived around 5pm and I was feeling hungry, I fancied a sandwich but struggled to find one. In the end I grabbed an orange for Dd from Starbucks on Main Street which she ate before her and DH's Fastpass for big thunder mountain. While they were on the ride I called into sleepy hollow for a sweet and spicy chicken waffle. This was served with coleslaw and a side of potato chips. It cost $10.99 and to be honest I wasn't too impressed, it was too spicy and I like spicy food. The sauce soaked into the waffle making it really spicy too and meant it wasn't a break from the intense spice. The coleslaw was also pretty dry and not great. The potato chips were fine. I ate what I could and then went and met DH and Dd as they came of big thunder mountain.

While eating my waffle I had got DH and Dd a fastpass for splash mountain so we arranged a place to meet when they were done and they went off to ride. I sat and people watched in Frontierland and it began to rain, it wasn't heavy but it looked threatening.

When Dd and DH got off splash we decided to go and get them two some dinner and escape the rain, we crossed the park to cosmic rays and ordered some food.

DH had the 1/3 bacon cheese burger, Disney burgers are always good, you can't go wrong with these and the toppings bar is great for adding pickles and things.

Dd got kids chicken nuggets and had 2 lots of fries as her sides, the other options weren't appealing at all, it also meant I could have a few fries to snack on. DD's meal also came with a chocolate milk.

I got a frozen strawberry lemonade slush. This was really good! Very refreshing and a lovely flavour.

Total cost came to $28.52.

The rain had all but stopped by the time we finished so we walked over to the barnstormer and Dd and DH rode this using the fastpass I got while they were on splash and booked another one for the mad hatter tea cups while they were on the barnstormer. We all rode the tea cups together before wandering through Tomorrowland and having a ride on the people mover. It was now only half an hour until happily ever after and after missing it the other evening due to it being delayed because of the weather we didn't want to miss it again so we made our way down to Main Street and found a nice position to watch it. Our view was the best we've had yet, the crowds had thinned out due to the weather earlier which was nice.

After the fireworks we made a quick exit from the park and used our usual strategy of catching the resort monorail to the transportation and ticket centre. We were back at Old Key west just after 10pm and off to sleep not long later.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 12 Apr 19 9:20 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another fabulous day, lots of nice food pics! I love Yak & Yeti, that honey chicken was possibly the best thing I ate all holiday! You did well to do two parks in one day.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 16 Apr 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a brilliant day. I'm really trying to take tips from your fab use of the fast passes.