Mobile

Looking forward to it Melissa!
Old 23 Jan 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Lol I was looking in the wrong place!
What a wally!
That sounds fantastic - I wouldn't know where to start - I think we get too ' comfy' going to Florida.
I'll be following along defo as I'd love to travel different places in US

Xx Ff xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to hearing your plans Melissa... Its so different than planning a Florida trip isn't it?!
We just have to book our 'Walk in Walts footsteps' tour in Disneyland which I think you can book 30 days out, then we are all set! I've even got my cases down to start putting bits in! Can't wait for your next instalment.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Looking forward to it Melissa!
Thank you Jodie

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Lol I was looking in the wrong place!
What a wally!
That sounds fantastic - I wouldn't know where to start - I think we get too ' comfy' going to Florida.
I'll be following along defo as I'd love to travel different places in US

Xx Ff xx
Thank you. Definitely stepped out of our comfort zone!

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Looking forward to hearing your plans Melissa... Its so different than planning a Florida trip isn't it?!
We just have to book our 'Walk in Walts footsteps' tour in Disneyland which I think you can book 30 days out, then we are all set! I've even got my cases down to start putting bits in! Can't wait for your next instalment.
Thanks Nicky. Ever so much! How exciting. Happy packing!

Melissa x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mini update

After G's excitement of flying on the A380, we recently saw this in Hamley's in London which made us smile. For that price I'd prefer to buy an actual ticket instead! ✈️

This week we received some magical mail - our Disneyland tickets arrived!

The most expensive cardboard! We finally opted for 4 day tickets (non hopper) direct from Disney. After a lot of researching and discussion these were our best option. We paid in dollars and with the exchange rate they cost us £209 each x 4 = £836. Think we also got a little lucky with the recent spike in exchange rates. We saved more money by not choosing the hopper tickets, which will pay for our day trip to Knotts Berry Farm. From activation we have 13 days to use them (don't have to be consecutive) so planning on using them on our first two and last two days in Anaheim.

Whilst researching we have discovered that in the last 3 years Disney have increased their ticket prices in February, hence why we decided to buy now.

With 6 months to go, our plans are starting to come together. Still need to buy our Warner Brothers Studio tour and Knotts Berry Farm tickets. Buy direct or elsewhere? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip! I did my first California trip October last year and absolutely loved it! Disneyland is lots of fun and Joshua Tree was one of our favourite things we went to visit.

We bought Warner Brother tour tickets direct from their website and went for the first time slot of the day so we could fit in other things afterwards

I am looking forward to hearing more of your plans
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissuziq
Apprentice Imagineer

Dissuziq's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I loved out 2016 trip to LA and Anaheim, one thing we did buy was the go LA card a 3 day one we used it for universal studios ticket and warner brothers and knots berry farm as the main things plus some things we may not of done like the dolby theatre tour where we got to hold a Oscar made my holiday!
LA 2008,2016, DLP 2019
Dissuziq is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Sounds like a great trip! I did my first California trip October last year and absolutely loved it! Disneyland is lots of fun and Joshua Tree was one of our favourite things we went to visit.

We bought Warner Brother tour tickets direct from their website and went for the first time slot of the day so we could fit in other things afterwards

I am looking forward to hearing more of your plans
Thanks. Brilliant. Really looking forward to both. Yes planning on doing the 9am tour too.

Originally Posted by Dissuziq View Post
I loved out 2016 trip to LA and Anaheim, one thing we did buy was the go LA card a 3 day one we used it for universal studios ticket and warner brothers and knots berry farm as the main things plus some things we may not of done like the dolby theatre tour where we got to hold a Oscar made my holiday!
We keep reading/talking about the LA cards. Love moments like that. We are currently struggling to fit everything in within the time we have!

Edited at 04:51 PM.
Old 12 Feb 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like an exciting trip. I went to LA, San Diego and San Francisco many years ago and would love to get out to the west coast with my family sometime, but we're still way too addicted to Florida! I'll be following along for tips for the future tthough. I hope you have a brilliant trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

That looks like a fab plan!

We stayed at Best Western Anaheim Inn and The Tangerine when we went to LA last February. They're great choices. The location of Anaheim Inn is perfect for Disneyland and there was a great gourmet pizza restaurant just up the road (plus McDonald's, Denny's, Cold Stone Creamery). I just loved The Tangerine - you can walk to Warner Bros from there.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List