Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Aug 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I had a Springfield by Marriott booked in Renton for our cancelled, March vacation and they gave me a full refund. That was my only non cancellable booking.

My only snags came with attraction tickets for them love tour’ in SFO and Alcatraz. With both of these, I went to Credit Card chargeback. I am now fully refunded on every aspect of both my Cancelled March vacation and my rebooked August one.

I got lucky!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Not USA but had an instant refund on a non-refundable direct booking from a hotel in Tenerife. Also got a refund from a hotel in Crete but it took about 5 or 6 weeks of chasing it up.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I found Hotels.com to be very good the other week on a new booking I had to contact them about. I’ll be using them again.
I think I'll be doing the same. I contacted them on twitter yesterday about not receiving a refund from a booking I cancelled last Friday (two hotels cancelled, both with free cancellation, and only one refund went into my account). All dealt with very quickly, and they rang up and spoke to the hotel on my behalf.

Far easier to deal with than booking.com and it's likely that they're going to be my first choice of third party, as this was the second time I've contacted them for help around COVID, and they were great then too!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Still no further on with one of the hotels, haven't got a reply back from booking.com customer service, or the hotel. They haven't offered a voucher, and I haven't had the opportunity to ask.

When I message booking.com customer service after I posted, they told me to provide details as to why I couldn't go, inc gov advice. So I sent them the link to the official FCO website, and copied and pasted the section around the UK. They came back to tell me there's no travel ban to the US, so basically I'm not affected...
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List