Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
I once had them out for a quote but they wouldn't sell me the blinds because my husband wasn't at home.
Husband has zero interest in blinds.
I remember years ago getting a quote in my house and they only talked to my husband, similar to a lady on the till in Tescos once asking my husband if I was using 'his' credit card
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They are all sub contractors who come out , hence the quotes are so high , they are on commission.
Scary prices , try local firms , or be cheeky like I would and knock a neighbour/local door if you like the look of the blinds and ask, if you don’t ask you don’t get
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
They are all sub contractors who come out , hence the quotes are so high , they are on commission.
Scary prices , try local firms , or be cheeky like I would and knock a neighbour/local door if you like the look of the blinds and ask, if you don’t ask you don’t get
The rep that sold us the blinds told us he was salaried and didn’t earn commission . As you say it turns out he was self employed . Just an out and out lie . If I had known at the time that it was a lie there was no way I would have placed the order .
Hideous company to deal with
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Finally been offered a full refund on my blinds .
Dealt with 24 different people along the way but hopefully got there .
Just got to get the money into my bank
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Delighted you got a good result, hope your money lands in your bank soon 👍
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hey , guess what .
I am rich .
Well I have the money I paid to Hillary’s over 9 months ago back in my bank .

And the blinds hanging in my house

Totally exhausted by the whole saga but it’s finally over - other than just being reminded of them every ad break watching location , location, location

Edited at 08:45 PM.
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hey , guess what .
I am rich .
Well I have the money I paid to Hillary’s over 9 months ago back in my bank .

And the blinds hanging in my house

Totally exhausted by the whole saga but it’s finally over - other than just being reminded of them every ad break watching location , location, location
Yeh at last
Old 28 Sep 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SupersleuthTed
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shysarah View Post
We used Hillary’s and found them to be excellent. Vertical blinds for the conservatory fitted 15 years ago by Hillarys and we’re just now thinking of replacing them. Good quality and easy to clean. Also have all the upstairs rooms fitted with their blinds, no problems.
Agree with you! We have shutters in all our bedrooms and study , study shutters were from a local company and cost as much as having all three bedrooms done by Hilarys ! Hilarys were well fitted and are very good quality. The study shutter sticks and squeaks but the Hilarys ones are very quiet and do a brilliant job .
Everyone comments on the quality and look so we are happy and they are nearly 4 years old now .
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SupersleuthTed View Post
Agree with you! We have shutters in all our bedrooms and study , study shutters were from a local company and cost as much as having all three bedrooms done by Hilarys ! Hilarys were well fitted and are very good quality. The study shutter sticks and squeaks but the Hilarys ones are very quiet and do a brilliant job .
Everyone comments on the quality and look so we are happy and they are nearly 4 years old now .
I was pleased with the quality of the materials . Just they have limited ability to measure , didn’t know that the combination of size and thickness of our blinds wouldn’t work in a perfect fit frame , blamed everything on us rather then accepting responsibility and their aftersales procedure is absolutely appalling

I am sure that had they measured and advised us correctly in the first place , then the other issues just wouldn’t have come to the fore
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SupersleuthTed
Excited about Disney

Admittedly the person who came and did the whole sales pitch was here hours and measured really well and the fitter checked the measurements before he began his part.

Pleased you got ur money back!