Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Sep 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes I believe that was the reason but it also makes sense that hardly any of the hotels were open anyway so who would be using it?
I don't understand that. The dining plan is simply paying for food in advance, it doesn't matfer how many people do that. Everyone chooses from the same menus, whether they pay for food in advance or pay when they have their food.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Wasn't there problems in the food supply chain so not everything on the menus might be available on a day to day basis? It will stop people moaning they can't fullfill what's on the menu. There probably is a bunch of reasons rather than just one why there isn't a ddp at the moment.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I don't understand that. The dining plan is simply paying for food in advance, it doesn't matfer how many people do that. Everyone chooses from the same menus, whether they pay for food in advance or pay when they have their food.
I wonder if it is partly about expectation management... ?

Having over heard a VERY upset, angry customer screaming at a CM in a Disney hotel about her inability to book into any restaurant of her choosing for her five night stay - because she hadn’t booked any in advance. The only two available were Chef Mickeys and 50s PTC.

I could see a scenario where people have paid in advance but the choice of restaurant is full / or the theme park the restaurant is in is at capacity etc. And it not going down at all well.

I can see why they would want to avoid this sort of complexity in the short term.
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We will wait and see too. However it is likely to be 2022 before we consider another trip
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

Having over heard a VERY upset, angry customer screaming at a CM in a Disney hotel about her inability to book into any restaurant of her choosing for her five night stay - because she hadn’t booked any in advance. The only two available were Chef Mickeys and 50s PTC.

I could see a scenario where people have paid in advance but the choice of restaurant is full / or the theme park the restaurant is in is at capacity etc. And it not going down at all well.

I can see why they would want to avoid this sort of complexity in the short term.
I hope that rude customer had to eat in McDonald's. Sounds like a spoilt and entitled brat.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I hope that rude customer had to eat in McDonald's. Sounds like a spoilt and entitled brat.
I was so upset for the CM. Unfortunately we were at the end of a very long line of people waiting for front desk and had to listen to her awful tirade for quite some time.
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1

You do hear about stories like this though. Guests unhappy that they can’t get breakfast at the hotel TS for example because they’ve gone assuming it’s like a “normal” hotel where you get priority.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You do hear about stories like this though. Guests unhappy that they can’t get breakfast at the hotel TS for example because they’ve gone assuming it’s like a “normal” hotel where you get priority.
Oh yes, I do realise that and I think that is a problem Disney could improve on with pre stay messaging. I can totally understand why a guest would be disappointed if they didn’t realise in advance and that is why I wonder if it played into the decision. I did find the way her upset was expressed completely awful though!
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh yes, I do realise that and I think that is a problem Disney could improve on with pre stay messaging. I can totally understand why a guest would be disappointed if they didn’t realise in advance and that is why I wonder if it played into the decision. I did find the way her upset was expressed completely awful though!
Oh I agree. No one should behave like that just because they expected to be able to eat at a restaurant! When you book with Disney though they email at regular points to tell you what you can book when. I just think some people don’t pay any attention to that then have unrealistic expectations when they arrive.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Kaspian
Very Serious Dibber

Fingers crossed for DDP in 2022. We just like to know our food is sorted and paid for before we go, no worrying about money!