Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

I'm booked for September 2021 and my little girl will be 3 by then. I really dont want her to have to wear a mask and would possibly postpone if this was still in place but then which knows how long this is gonna go on for. She sees people wearing masks now and has actually requested one so may get one and see how she gets on. Just not yet thiugh as shes just turned 2!
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I don’t have toddlers anymore but it would be a dealbreaker for me.

We are considering next August and my youngest is 15 (will be 16 when we go) and he doesn’t like wearing a mask. He feels restricted and claustrophobic. He doesn’t go anywhere, except school, so that he doesn’t have to wear one. He said that he couldn’t even imagine wearing one in Florida heat, he would rather stay at home.

Given how my teen feels about it (my other 4 teens/adult children aren’t fussed by them), there is no way I would expect a 3 year old to wear one and keep it on in the heat. It costs a lot of money to visit Florida and I wouldn’t take the chance, personally.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ours are 8, 5 and 4 and I'm not planning on rebooking our cancelled holiday until masks are no more. Me and OH can tolerate them and the oldest is fine wearing one when she has to but its not really what we have in mind for an expensive holiday that we won't be able to repeat for a while. We'll likely go to DLP next year instead if things don't drastically improve.
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Ours are 8, 5 and 4 and I'm not planning on rebooking our cancelled holiday until masks are no more. Me and OH can tolerate them and the oldest is fine wearing one when she has to but its not really what we have in mind for an expensive holiday that we won't be able to repeat for a while. We'll likely go to DLP next year instead if things don't drastically improve.
This is what I'm considering now too... Don't need the stress of having a booking and then trying to change / cancel again we had too much of a headache with that this year with booking.com 🙄
This will be the last one for quite a few years too so want to make it special
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
I'm booked for September 2021 and my little girl will be 3 by then. I really dont want her to have to wear a mask and would possibly postpone if this was still in place but then which knows how long this is gonna go on for. She sees people wearing masks now and has actually requested one so may get one and see how she gets on. Just not yet thiugh as shes just turned 2!
Exactly the same here , I would feel terrible forcing it upon her ... It just wouldn't work at all. Ours has also just turned 2! Let's keep our fingers crossed that the little ones don't have to wear them so we can keep our trips
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ginnyfish View Post
Our little one will be 3 in December and we have a trip booked for May (moved from November). We have until the end of March to change it. We have decided if there is no movement on the mask rules by March we will move it to December 2021. We will keep trying every 6 months with the hope we get back before he starts school in 2022.
That's not a bad idea , would love a crystal ball to see what the rules will be a year from now !
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm with others who say don't look/book until they have confirmations that no masks will be required.
And I know you all know your children best but to test the waters, I'd make it a thing (particularly with the weather cooling now) with kids. "Oh we're going out? Hold on, need to put my mask on!" and make it a fun one, Mickey mask or something and get the envy happening. Kids love to copy adults. Get them a cute wee print too and let them play about with wearing it.

Admittedly he's not a toddler by any means but my nephew jumped on the mask bandwagon really quickly in Spain and wanted to get as many different prints as possible. Coordinate with his outfit and all
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Can I just ask why no masks at DLP for children if they have to wear them in Florida, surely all Disney parks should have the same rules 🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Can I just ask why no masks at DLP for children if they have to wear them in Florida, surely all Disney parks should have the same rules 🤔
I'm wondering if it's because of the French government's rule that under 11s don't have to wear them.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Rules are different in Tokyo Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland ... surely the country the park is in is more important than it being ‘Disney’?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List