Notices

Old 14 Nov 12, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

cyclops "It was all started by a mouse! - 7th trip of a lifetime :)

Well Hi, I have never done this before and thought i would give it a go! I will start at the beginning. I have loved everything Disney all my life, especially Mickey Mouse. Growing up we had holidays in Spain or Butlins but never, ever Disney World. I always promised myself that one day i would get there.
Fast forward to 2005 and our friends announce they are going to Florida, by this i have met my prince charming and we have two year old twin boys, with a few days of number crunching we decide to book it. We had a fab time but as there was about twelve in the party we were continually waiting for everyone, nightmare! We loved it though but promised ourselves when we come again it would be just us, we fly home October 2005 and just see what prices are like for next year, we get a good price for January 2006 and embarked on another two weeks on our own, omg it was absolutely fantastic, we had missed so much out through waiting for the others last time! This was when we were really bitten by the bug and we are off on our 7th trip in January 2013. Not long now!
So who is everyone?
Im Beckie, 37 years old and chief organiser, obsessed by all things disney and florida. I look for things a little different to do and love picking up hints and tips from you lovely dibbers!
My prince charming is Mike who is 43 years old, he is the one who doesnt let the magic effect him until we get in the parks and he is off with map in hand! We met on holiday in Spain 14 years ago. This is us:

We have the pleasure of bringing up twin boys Ben and Sam and we feel thoroughly blessed with them, they are nine years old now and i dont know where the time has gone. Both love Florida and Harry Potter World was a firm favourite last time along with IOA. They are tall enough to do the big coasters and i cant wait to see their faces .
We also have our own princess Libby who is four years old. She is a sweetheart and loves all things princessy! She is looking forward to doing the BBB again, she loved every aspect of it last time.
Here they are:

Libby with tangled after BBB

So they we are,the five of us, all very excited for Christmas and then holiday!

We are going in January for three weeks, staying at movieland on idrive and a couple of nights in miami, not yet booked a miami hotel we will do that when we get over there.
We have done:
Booked hotel
Upgraded car hire to 7 seater
booked flights from manchester

To Do:
Attraction tix
book miami hotel
change money
check estas ok
travel ins

im sure my to do list will get longer before getting shorter!
holiday is on the back burner now until after christmas as with three little ones reaching overload i have to make sure santa has everything

It was so nice to share my first pre trip with you and i will update soon, thanks for reading and hope i didnt bore the life out of you!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a happy new year to you. when I last wrote it was all a good few weeks away and I feel like I have blinked and here we are!

so here I am with three days to go, really looking forward to it now. The children are excited, spoke to school last week and they were great, even wished us a happy holiday!
I was dreading letting school know but they were great!
so I have got my dollars, loaded my Fairfax card, checked esta's were fine, which they were, phew! passports, tickets all sorted, just theme park tix to get, will sort them the next couple of days!
so I have my favourite part tomorrow, ironing... and I mean that, it's the only time I love to do it! we are working Monday and Tuesday, which I don't mind a two day week, just hope this snow holds off!
I will check back Tuesday, thanks for reading, feel free to ask me anything, I'm looking forward to this, my first trip report!

Edited at 09:41 PM. Reason: photo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Oh what a lovely start and such a lovely family you have. We will be there the same time as you however we go the day before and only for 2 weeks . Its our first magical trip to florida though, your 7th trip you are so lucky!

I look forward to reading more

Helen

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 12, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

oh helen you will have a fabulous time, not long now for us, we will soon be packing x
Old 12 Jan 13, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

just updated!