Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Hi
I am currently claiming for my Debenhams card and they also told me I had it on a Etam card but I'm not going through a claim company, it is Santander that is now dealing with all PPI claims for Debenhams etc, I just called the number and they were able to find all my info, I had nothing no account number, statements etc.
Although they turned down my claim and it has now gone to FOS but seems they refuse most first time, not holding my breath but will be good if something comes from it.
Sorry just read my reply back and it is confusing, it is not the FOS that refuse as each complaint is individual assessed, it is Santander that refuse most claims first time.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Hi
No I didn't have my contracts but they said just to write as much info as possible they still rejected it but I am now appealing it.
I’ll just write as much as I can then, thanks
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
I did it myself and found out I had ppi on a Halifax mortgage, a hsbc flexiloan and credit card and a burtons store card.

All claims rejected, Halifax and hsbc said there is no reason to think I wasn’t given full info and Santander for burtons said as I signed up in store is was on a ‘non advised’ basis

Wish I did it through a company as may have had a little more success - oh well too late now I suppose
Look into the Plevin claims (see Money Saving Expert site) - basically if you brought it you shouldn't have been offered it in the first place so entitled to claim still. Worth a read on the site and having a go.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Hi we also had a mortgage with Nationwide but reclaimppi don't search that company, this is from their website.

I have other lenders not on your list. Can you help with those?

We often get asked if we can handle claims against lenders not listed on our website, such as Santander, Nationwide, etc, but to be able to charge a 10% fee we can only deal with lenders with whom have agreed an electronic process of communication. This reduces our costs and allows us to pass those savings on to you.

The good news is Resource Legal Limited, deal with a broader range of providers and services and may be able to assist. You can make an enquiry with them directly by calling

0800 458 3012
please note that because of the extra administrative work involved, their terms & conditions and fees differ and their charges are 20% including VAT
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Hi we also had a mortgage with Nationwide but reclaimppi don't search that company, this is from their website.

I have other lenders not on your list. Can you help with those?

We often get asked if we can handle claims against lenders not listed on our website, such as Santander, Nationwide, etc, but to be able to charge a 10% fee we can only deal with lenders with whom have agreed an electronic process of communication. This reduces our costs and allows us to pass those savings on to you.

The good news is Resource Legal Limited, deal with a broader range of providers and services and may be able to assist. You can make an enquiry with them directly by calling

0800 458 3012
please note that because of the extra administrative work involved, their terms & conditions and fees differ and their charges are 20% including VAT
There's a direct link here for Nationwide which I found on moneysavingexpert site.

portal.nationet/forms/bespoke/ppi/enquiry

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Thanks for posting this OP. I have been wanting to try and find out for ages if I had any PPI, but as I have changed address about 4 times and been married a couple of times and have no paperwork I’ve never bothered. This seems likes an easy way of doing it, and if I get nothing then I will have lost nothing but a bit of time. Submitted and will wait and see.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

My thought was nothing ventured, nothing gained... but in all honesty I was certain I hadn’t paid it but sometimes you miss things...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you very much djewkes your post prompted me to fill in the forms for PPI using same company you used. Like you I was convinced we had never had PPI other than on one CC I had many, many years ago. Well it turns out we had PPI on something else (quite a surprise) and have just had a super pay out from them. I am absolutely thrilled!
Thank you!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
I had a mortgage with Nationwide and they're not on the list of banks when you fill in your details. There is "other" which I ticked but it didn't ask for specific details. Will they just search for other banks?
Just go on the nationwide website. There is an online form. They will tell you if you had ppi. I had it on 1 mortgage but not another. They then advised me to fill out a second online form and sent me £3000 a few weeks later. It took half an hour and I didn’t know if I even had it.

nationwide/support/ppi-complaints

Edited at 09:51 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Can anyone help ...

I applied for an egg card I had about 15 years ago. It was in my married name .. now diviorced so name changed they have said I need to provide certified copied of proof of name change. I have checked and I can get my drivers licence or passport checked at the post office.

I sort of just put it to one side then I recived a letter from Barclays to say that I they have been in touch to say I have PPI and they are awaiting me making a claim ..

Do you think this could be the egg claim and if so do you think it's worth sending the stuff off ?

Also I know we had loads of insurances that our mortgage broker pressured us to take out when we bought our house. Problem is these were in mine and my ex hub name .. any advice ?

Lisa x