Notices

Old 17 Jan 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh that's tough. I'm the same as Kelly and I really want to break the rules. My favourite places to eat aren't necessarily what I'd pay for with real money. We loved the California Grill Brunch but I wouldn't pay OOP.

In our trip this year we have 6 days at the end with no dining plan so I've actually been looking into restaurants that are good value. I'm going to book The Boathouse at Disney Springs which is a 2 credit TS meal, actually there are some lovely items on the menu that are not too pricey, so I don't think it's really worth the 2 credits. I think though if I could only book 3 ADRs I'd want to eat in the parks. So, I think you should consider some of the lounges. At HS you can eat in the Hollywood Brown Derby lounge without an ADR. You just walk up. It's table service and they do lovely cocktail flights. They serve food and have many items from the main HBD menu. Also the Nomad Lounge at AK is the same set up and so serves some of the Tiffins menu. We've had drinks in both these lounges and I can highly recommend them. I've not eaten at either but I'm sorely tempted to try and fit them in this year when we have no dining plan.

As for other ADRs, there are fab steak restaurants off site that if I didn't have ddp I'd go to instead of eating on site as while there are some lovely wdw restaurants for steak you're going to be paying an arm and a leg.

The other ones I'm thinking of booking for us to pay OOP for are The Plaza at MK, Sci Fi Dine In theater at HS and House of Blues at Disney Springs. We've eaten at sci fi and HOB before and they are my kids favourite restaurants so that's why those two. The Plaza is one of the last MK T we've not eaten at so that's for me.

I can't wait to see what you decide.
Oh that’s a very interesting answer! I’ve never even thought about going to a lounge! However I keep hearing nomad lounge mentioned and AK is my favourite park 🤔 I’m defiantly going to look into some lounges thank you to pointing me in that direction 🙊

Which restaurants offsite would you pick also looking for recommendations as I have no idea about offsite places 🙈 it seems the plaza is mentioned quite a lot too! Think I’m going to have to relook though some menus and completely change the ideas we had!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I think as far as on site goes Sanaa isn't too badly priced, especially as it isn't a character meal.

It's so hard trying to choose isn't it? We have a few OOP meals next time too and we struggled to choose. We have 2 new restaurants and we're going back to Homecomin'

Offsite I would definitely say Longhorns and Olive Garden. We did quite a few in our May 2019 report and also detailed which places we could get coupons for (free app, 20% off etc) 😊 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I think as far as on site goes Sanaa isn't too badly priced, especially as it isn't a character meal.

It's so hard trying to choose isn't it? We have a few OOP meals next time too and we struggled to choose. We have 2 new restaurants and we're going back to Homecomin'

Offsite I would definitely say Longhorns and Olive Garden. We did quite a few in our May 2019 report and also detailed which places we could get coupons for (free app, 20% off etc) 😊 xx

Hmm I think I need to go and recheck the menu now 🙈 you and goldia have given me some idea so I think the list we had might change dramatically 😂 which are the ones that are new to you?

Oh perfect I’m off to go and read your May report for offsite ideas 🙈
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Hmm I think I need to go and recheck the menu now 🙈 you and goldia have given me some idea so I think the list we had might change dramatically 😂 which are the ones that are new to you?

Oh perfect I’m off to go and read your May report for offsite ideas 🙈
Haha it's so hard when people recommend things all the time! You just can't do everything.

Our new ones are TREX, we're doing this purely for the boys not the food ... in fact Mr Grump and I will probably get a couple of starters to share then use a QS later for a meal in DS. We'll get the kid's meals ... but who knows. The other is Yak N Yeti. We're doing this as we have the Landry's card so we'll split the bill and get $50 off plus Mr Grump and I want to try a few different things The other we have is Homecomin' as we enjoyed it so much last time. The kid's weren't too keen so I think we may end up getting them something elsewhere in DS before we go.

Hope you enjoy, any questions just ask xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Haha it's so hard when people recommend things all the time! You just can't do everything.

Our new ones are TREX, we're doing this purely for the boys not the food ... in fact Mr Grump and I will probably get a couple of starters to share then use a QS later for a meal in DS. We'll get the kid's meals ... but who knows. The other is Yak N Yeti. We're doing this as we have the Landry's card so we'll split the bill and get $50 off plus Mr Grump and I want to try a few different things The other we have is Homecomin' as we enjoyed it so much last time. The kid's weren't too keen so I think we may end up getting them something elsewhere in DS before we go.

Hope you enjoy, any questions just ask xx
It is although I like trying new places so enjoy having people recommend things!

I have done trex as just two adults and actually really enjoyed it! It was one that Ryan had mentioned about us doing 🙈 the big kids we are! I haven’t tried yak and yeti table service but love the quick service so it’s bound to be good!

I do have one question when your sign up for the offsite vouchers do they have expiration dates on them? Ones that your get free things for your birthday I’m interested in as our birthdays are early on in the year and we aren’t going until September xx
Old 17 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
So, I totally agree with Kelly, when we were on I Drive in 2017 we ate at Longhorns twice because we loved the steak so much!

We also really enjoyed Kobe Steakhouse. If you like Teppan Edo then you should give Kobe a try as it's identical but as it's not in Epcot it's half the price.

If you like Mexican then you could try Chili's we loved it and it was a very reasonable meal for the four of us and the margaritas were lovely.

I'm glad we've both given you ideas of other options to consider, even if you don't go for them, it's fun to look at the menus and see what else is out there.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Totally agree with Abby it's good to see what different choices there are out there.

If your going in September, you have birthday in September just change your birthday to a date during your stay. I think the birthday ones tend to be a month, but the regular signing up ones are just 2 weeks so I'd sign up to those a day or 2 before you go.

With the Landry's card our birthday's will be in May so we can get the $25 birthday reward and the $25 sign up bonus x
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
So, I totally agree with Kelly, when we were on I Drive in 2017 we ate at Longhorns twice because we loved the steak so much!

We also really enjoyed Kobe Steakhouse. If you like Teppan Edo then you should give Kobe a try as it's identical but as it's not in Epcot it's half the price.

If you like Mexican then you could try Chili's we loved it and it was a very reasonable meal for the four of us and the margaritas were lovely.

I'm glad we've both given you ideas of other options to consider, even if you don't go for them, it's fun to look at the menus and see what else is out there.
Oh wow that’s amazing thank you! Teppan edo was one of our main choices! Do they still do all the tricks like I’ve heard they do in Disney?

I’m excited to go and look at the menus! Thank you for the ideas I’ll probably have more questions at some point 🙈
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Totally agree with Abby it's good to see what different choices there are out there.

If your going in September, you have birthday in September just change your birthday to a date during your stay. I think the birthday ones tend to be a month, but the regular signing up ones are just 2 weeks so I'd sign up to those a day or 2 before you go.

With the Landry's card our birthday's will be in May so we can get the $25 birthday reward and the $25 sign up bonus x
Now that makes a lot of sense 🙈 I did wonder how people always seemed so lucky to have birthdays when they were going 😂 they restaurants never seem to question the vouchers or check id to ensure it is your birthday then? I did wonder about signing up for the Landry card didn’t know if it was worth it or not?!

Thank you to you and abby you’ve been a big help! Off to do some more planning 🙈
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'd forgotten to mention the Landry card, we have one and I'll be using that on my non DDP stay for a dinner at Yak and Yeti.

The Kobe meal is identical to Teppan Edo. They do the onion volcano thing and all the little tricks. It's a table for 8 too, so you will be with other people. I may have exaggerated when I said it would be half the price. But, it will be cheaper.

Here's a photo from our 2017 trip.

And here is the bill for the four of us, this includes a bottle of wine and a cocktail.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List