Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Aug 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

How much notice?

I’ve been checking a Travel Regs all day but can’t find the answer.
Who’s a guru on Package holidays?

Background

We have a villa booked with flights as part of a package with James Villas. We are flying with Jet2 to Algarve on 29th Aug.
The current news is flights cancelled until 25th Aug.
I’ve been led to believe that due to it being a package James villas have to provide us with 7 days notice.

Question

If FCO continue to advise essential travel only on the 22nd Aug( 7 day notice) if Jet2 haven’t cancelled the flight by this date will they provide 7 days notice and cancel the holiday?

Worthy of note

James villas response... what is your booking ref! I don’t think my booking ref is a significant factor in this scenario. It’s a general question on how they treat such a matter plus as it’s a sat flight and they are shut will they advise giving 8 days notice or 6.

Anybody know the answer?
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Of course it’s an answer, different holidays will have different conditions in some cases.
If you got through to the tour operator and didn’t continue the question because they wanted to see what you booked before giving you an accurate response, that’s just silly !
It’s a very significant factor indeed !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I disagree it’s a general question not specific. I say this because they either sell Villa only or Villa with flights. Therefore this is a package and they have to abide by Travel regs which cover package holidays. Yes I appreciate it’s handy fir them to have my booking number but it’s not a necessity in order to answer the question given it’s a package is the significant part if the question. I have provided them with my booking ref.
I have an e mail address which they respond to, usually on the same day.

Edited at 08:35 PM. Reason: Extra
Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

OK whatever you say, that’s my response as an ex travel agent aware it’s not always that simple. If you feel you know better and can get a reliable response elsewhere than the travel company you have booked with that is entirely your prerogative
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

To be fair, most call centre staff are trained to never answer ‘general’ questions as it can be unhelpful without all the info handy. The same scenario doesn’t always apply.
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
To be fair, most call centre staff are trained to never answer ‘general’ questions as it can be unhelpful without all the info handy. The same scenario doesn’t always apply.
It’s not just call centres , I’ve run high street agencies when they weren’t just the chains and it was a golden rule, never discuss refunds or credits in general terms but have all the facts too. One size rarely fits all !
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Lawful travel regulations as set by the government as just that lawful! I am asking what their response is to a very simple question.
Will they provide 7 days notice as set by travel regs ( lawful) even though at the 7 day point the flight hasn’t been cancelled yet FCO are still saying essential travel only.
Why does that question a require a booking ref. Surely it forms part if their current guidelines and it’s that question I’d like them to answer.
Therefore they either act by the law or they won’t.
They informed me these were the travel regs and I’m just trying to locate the actual wording.
Surely as an ex travel agent Duchy you’d know exactly where I can find them, given they most certainly would’ve formed part if your job to know !
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It’s not just call centres , I’ve run high street agencies when they weren’t just the chains and it was a golden rule, never discuss refunds or credits in general terms but have all the facts too. One size rarely fits all !
I don’t want a refund or a credit I want the most time possible to re book another holiday for the same weeks with them. Therefore 7 days notice us better than 5 clearly to give me more chance to organise everything.
I lead a very busy life and want to make sure I know the day they’ll call to arrange this
Old 17 Aug 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Personally I'd just give them the booking reference so you can get the answers you need.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you still planning to going? If so why worry? If you want to cancel regardless you would need to speak to James Villas and discuss your options. You could, in the current climate, still have your holiday cancelled hours before you go regardless of the Travel Regs.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List