Notices

Old 22 Jul 14, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Fluzz View Post
I am the type that would do this, but then I think well if it rains, we would probably end up rejigging things, and if there wasn't much of a plan to begin with I wouldn't feel stressed out about it but if I had planned to the nth degree then shuffling things about would probably cause me to stress a bit Think I'm leaning towards the detailed plan though, as we don't know when/if we'll be back either!
I think if you want to get as much as possible from the trip, then some kind of plan needs to be in place, especially with ADR's and Fastpasses. I admit mine is slightly extreme, but I won't stress too much if we don't stick to it properly, I'm sure there will be a day or two where we are shattered and just want to chill

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
That spreadsheet plan is amazing I love it! I mocked up a rough one for my holiday breaking every day into your blocks my other half thinks I have officially lost the plot!

I love yours though it looks perfect and room for rejigging xx
Thank you! I can send it to you if you like then you'll be as nuts as me haha!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 14, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post

5 weeks today we will be in the sky somewhere over the Atlantic!

Well I'm back in work now and still suffering from statutory sick pay, so not many holiday purchases have been made!
I have purchased-
Extra camera memory card
Crocs white flip flops
Plain black flip flops for the evenings
Some more dresses (will post pics when they arrive)
A new super duper charger for my e-cigs so I can charge them all at once so there will be no battery emergencies when out all day and night!
Some more plain vest tops for the park
Some board shorts (I fancied wearing these in the waterparks, I don't like walking around totally exposed)
Dermablend for the scar on my leg (many thanks to helpful Dibbers who advised me, really hoping it works as well as I'd hoped)
Skincare stuff to take away with me (3 for 2 on Simple products at Boots!)
Travel Sickness pills

Still to buy!
Camera neck strap (Was hoping my Dad would find his old Retro red Canon one but he thinks he threw it out )
Kipling Multiple
Fast track security at Manchester Airport
Possibly another suitcase, but Tom reckons he will be fine with the one we already have
Cap (not a hat person but totally scared of sunstroke)
Rucksack (Tom is picking this)
Still need more shorts! I love board shorts but they are soooo much more than I would ever spend on a pair of shorts!

I'm totally lacking in holiday shopping spends (food and transport etc spends are sorted) But I've been soooo skint being on SSP I have about $60 so far, I have a change jar to open before we go (And I know there is at least £50 in notes in there because work did a collection for me being off sick and I put it straight in there )... and I hope to change around £300 from my wages before we go as I won't need money for getting to work, and work lunches etc for most of the month. And I'm hoping I've over budgeting for each day so there will be some left for my shopping funds

So 35 days to go which seems really quick... but 5 weeks seems really long! Sticking with 35 days! Still doesn't feel real! Really don't think it will until I'm sat on that plane!
Old 25 Aug 14, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

10 days to go!
Can't quite believe I'm this close! After a minor meltdown about the possibility of an ash cloud, it would seem like this holiday is actually happening. All Tom can talk about now is the holiday! And as I am sat typing this, he has actually gone out holiday clothes shopping! Finally! I'm hoping he will get my case down for me tonight, so I can start packing. I have so much to do before we go and I'm starting to get a tiny bit stressed.
This is the things I still have left to buy-
Those pillow things for sleeping on the plane
Swim shoes (hoping Tom will be good and pick these up today)
Kipling Multiple (ordering on Payday on friday!)
Frontline for the cats going in the cattery
Hair dye
Waterproof inner for rucksack
Luggage locks
Sd card reader for my ipad
case for my ipad
Another pair of night time sandals
a night time handbag
spare camera battery
another memory card
headphone splitter for ipad

Arrrgh!

Here are the things I still have to do-
LOADS of washing
Dye my hair
Have Spike's vaccinations done
photocopy passports, driving licenses etc
pack!
laminate itinerary (can do this in work)
print security fast track email off

And it's down to me to take the cats to the cattery on Wednesday. This was meant to be Tom's job, but he's been nominated for some award thing in his job so he had to go down to london the day before we fly! I've told him in no uncertain terms that if he doesn't get on that train home for any reason he will never see me again! So i'm dropping the cats off on Wednesday before work, I'm going to cry so much i've never left them this long!

So... ten little days to go after 14 years of hoping...
Old 26 Aug 14, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Just read your full Pre Trip report, I can sense your excitement and LOVE your spread sheets and plans! I am also a self confessed OCD Disney Planner!

As for your fella... Just wait till he stands at the top of Main Street or watches Wishes, it's enough to bring a tear to anyone. My hubby is a burly 6ft4 and he even sheds a little tear! (Sorry - it was the wind in his eyes! ) lol

My fella was like yours on his first trip, had no interest at all and was going for 'me' but after his first trip he has totally got the bug! I bet this is the first of many Disney holidays!

I bet you can't wait to spend a night at Animal Kingdom, you will have to let me know what it's like, we are booked in for a few nights next year!

Can't believe you only have 10 days left, I bet your struggling to contain your excitement! X
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cintabelle View Post
Just read your full Pre Trip report, I can sense your excitement and LOVE your spread sheets and plans! I am also a self confessed OCD Disney Planner!

As for your fella... Just wait till he stands at the top of Main Street or watches Wishes, it's enough to bring a tear to anyone. My hubby is a burly 6ft4 and he even sheds a little tear! (Sorry - it was the wind in his eyes! ) lol

My fella was like yours on his first trip, had no interest at all and was going for 'me' but after his first trip he has totally got the bug! I bet this is the first of many Disney holidays!

I bet you can't wait to spend a night at Animal Kingdom, you will have to let me know what it's like, we are booked in for a few nights next year!

Can't believe you only have 10 days left, I bet your struggling to contain your excitement! X

Thank you! The spread sheet is slightly insane haha but oh well I'm not harming anyone!
Really good to hear that your fella loved it, I like hearing these stories! Tom keeps saying he isn't going to want to go back, and he never wants to spend this much money on a holiday ever again etc etc, I'm really hoping he will change his mind or I need to seriously rethink the relationship!
I keep forgetting we are staying at AKL! It was a last minute treat and I haven't even had chance to get excited about it! Your plan for 2015 looks great! I'm just in work having a little break reading your plans
Old 29 Aug 14, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Jobs done today-

Kipling Multiple ordered
Cattery paid (£304! )
Instructions sent to cattery
Ipad case ordered (please be here on time!)
Ipad card reader ordered
Neck strap for camera ordered
Money tin opened...

£83.31! Pretty pleased with that seeing as I've been so poor on stat sick pay!

Lots of parcels expected tomorrow and more shopping to do! And my last horse ride before holiday!