Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 6 - Cruise to Universal Studios/ IOA

Day 6 - Universal Studios/ IOA

We were leaving the cruise today and off to Universal. As we were on the late dining our breakfast time was 8 back in Animator's Palate. We got up at 7 and packed our last few bits away in our hand luggage before heading down for breakfast.

I had the route 66 breakfast and some fruit, Chris had some fried eggs with hash browns. We ate and finished quite quickly so we could get off the ship ahead of the crowd.

Last few photos of the ship

We got off and found our cases relatively quickly, we were very sad to be leaving the ship as we'd had the best time. We kept having to remind ourselves that we still had two more weeks of holiday.
We found our Avis pick up and were quickly on our way to pick up our hire car. We had just hired a small car as it was just the two of us now.

[url=https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p/2hzSapQ][/url

We left Cape Canaval and stopped off at Walmart to pick up some bits and pieces, then we went to the Mall of Milenia to get some cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. We ordered a salted caramel and an oreo for my parents, I had a banana cream and Chris ordered the cherry one. This came to about $35. We were planning to eat this later once we met my parents.

We drove to universal as we were staying at the Royal Pacific for 4 nights.

It was a bit chaotic trying to get all the cases, shopping etc in but we got there in the end. Chris sorted the car hire out while I checked us in and put the cases into the luggage store.

We went and met my parents in City Walk for cheesecake.

The hotel was going to text me when the room was ready, we hadn't heard yet so we went into Universal Studios with my parents. We had a go on Escape from Gringotts then had a look around the shops.

We headed back to our hotel room to check into our room as it was now ready while my parents got an ice cream and got the Hogwarts express over to the Islands of Adventure.

We got to our room and were so impressed, the view was amazing! It was huge and was a very nice room. We had paid for a water view room but definitely lucked out with the view of the theme park too!

We waited for our cases to arrive then went back to the park to meet my parents. We met them in Hogsmead, the queue for Hagrids was over 2 hours so we went to forbidden journey. Dad decided to brave it.

The queue was only 10 mins so we were on it very quickly.

Mum, Chris and I went on the hulk - she loved it! Chris and I then did doctor doom and we all did spiderman.

Three of us went on King Kong then we went to see if we could join the Hagrids queue if it was smaller, but they closed it so we went and got some food in the Three Broomsticks instead. My parents both got fish and chips, I got the shepherd's pie and Chris just had some wedges. Chris and I shared a raspberry iced tea. The food was good, the shepherd's pie had a lot of mash!

After some food we went on the Jarasic park river adventure ride, I really like this. The drop caught my parents out as they weren't expecting it .

It was nearly closing time so we popped back to WWOHP to buy a wand, we did the last Olivanders show of the day, it was only 4 of us and he choose me. I ended up buying the wand as I wanted to get an interactive one anyway.

We then headed out of the park, we decided to get a drink in City walk before my parents got a Lyft back. They had been using this a lot, think it was about $12 to get to their hotel in Lake Buena Vista. They said they had had some trouble finding the taxi.

We got the hotel boat back, wed done a lot of walking (over 16km!).

We loved the night time views

We enjoyed some caramel M&Ms. I was so tired I kept falling asleep while trying to read , clearly a tiring first week!

Day 7 - IOA/ US

Edited at 09:49 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

What a fab time so far. We loved our cruise and the report really makes me want to go back but with 3 kids it’s costly.
What did you think of royal Pacific? It was our first time there this year after twice at HRH and we still love hard rock the best.
Looking forward to reading the rest.
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
What a fab time so far. We loved our cruise and the report really makes me want to go back but with 3 kids it’s costly.
What did you think of royal Pacific? It was our first time there this year after twice at HRH and we still love hard rock the best.
Looking forward to reading the rest.
I definitely want to do another cruise but definitely agree it is expensive, especially with children I imagine!

I agree, I think I preferred the room at royal Pacific, especially our view. But preferred the vibe at hard rock. I didn't feel like royal Pacific had much atmosphere, we didn't mind though as we spent most our time in the park.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List