Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Dec 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
minimandymouse
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Magical Express from different Hotel

Hi,
We are staying on-site at Coronado Springs, on our last day we are doing the Check in at Disney Springs. Would we be able to get the ME from Contemporary so we can go to MK for the last few hours on our last day and walk to it, if that all makes sense.
minimandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I don't know for certain, but my suspicion is that this wouldn't be possible. The DME is linked to your hotel booking.

And for the return trip to MCO, you will need a "ticket" - this is a sheet of paper with your DME time, and the driver will collect this when you board. You get this in an envelope that is hung on your resort room door the day before departure. So it probably wouldn't work if you were trying to get the DME from a different resort...

Then again, I've not tried getting the DME to/from a different resort so I'm not 100% sure!
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, the thing is that even if you check in for your flights at DS, you'll still have your carry ons to haul around

it doesn't hurt to ask, but I think you'll need to go back to CSR to get your DME, or you could uber to the airport from MK

Now I will add that, wasting valuable time to go check in at DS will offset any time gained by not going back to CSR

I would just store my bags at CSR, go back there, DME to the airport, and check in there.
It will certainly be faster than going to DS, and then to MK

in any event, DME will pick you up 3 to 4hrs prior to schedule departure either at CSR or CR, and, frankly, that won't make much of a difference going back to CSR

too much hassle for 10 more minutes at MK ...

Edited at 05:11 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

No I don’t think their system would cope with that.

I always have a final lunch at the hotel I am staying at for convenience on departure day. I have never understood the logic of wasting time going to DS to check in.

Edited at 04:17 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don’t get “hauling carryons around”
My carryon is a small day pack phone, iPad, passport , clothes for the flight, yoga pants, t shirt and a long cardigan and a few sweets.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
My carryon is a small day pack phone, iPad, passport , clothes for the flight, yoga pants, t shirt and a long cardigan and a few sweets.
For the flight home, my handbag can accommodate everything I require. Definitely would not be hauling anything about. On the way out I like to take a spare outfit in hand luggage so I need a bit more space, but it is still a small rucksack.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

IMO there is no point in using DS check in if you are staying onsite without a car. It works really well for anyone staying at a villa or a hotel without bell services to store your bag. With online check in available you aren't really gaining anything if getting the ME to the airport.

OP how are you planning on getting to DS? You can't take luggage on the Disney buses and there might not be a bus direct to MK in the morning either.
Old 7 Dec 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think the DS check in is intended for people staying at Disney resorts, as you have the ability to leave your luggage with bell services.
Old 8 Dec 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
well, if you can manage like this, that's perfect

many here will use their carry-ons as an extension of their checked luggage

all the people I know (and I know a few) will use their carry on allowance to avoid paying for an extra suitcase on the way home

as a matter of fact, many (especially first timers) will have a carry on that's on the brink of the weight limit.

it's not that significant for us as we mainly fly lufthansa with 8kg, but with BA and their generous 23kg, that's basically a free suitcase on top of the checked luggage allowance

to be honest, in our last 10 trips there has not been a single occasion when our carry ons (we use cabin sized backpacks) have not been within ounces of the allowance.

and, trust me, we're not doing the parks with 8kgs each on our backs, and that's rather light compared to what some of our friends have come back with

so, well, I guess it depends on the traveller, and on how much shopping they've done (we only shop in the us for clothes and all)

but I just share my experience, with the 3 of us, we usally pay for one extra suitcase (4 between the 3 of us) and max out our carry on weight allowance ... and last august, it meant throwing away our used clothing, and the candy from MNSSHP

but if you can manage with a light backpack , I guess thats a cool thing. I know we can't, and I know many pax can't either.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List