Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I think sending her to school with the runs would be extremely selfish.

You did ask !
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I think sending her to school with the runs would be extremely selfish.

You did ask !
Given she has stated she didn't send the child your post comes over as rude.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
She’s not gone. Hopefully she will be better today and not pass it to me as I’m likely to get it too
Fingers crossed she is right as rain by the end of the day and you can avoid it
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Given she has stated she didn't send the child your post comes over as rude.
Possibly - I was probably saying what everyone else was thinking (and my OH is a teacher and has to pick up the pieces when parents send kids poorly.
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I wouldn't send her until Wednesday to be honest - she shouldn't go until she has been clear of d&v for 48 hours.

My son vomited non stop on Saturday - he is ok in himself today but he's not going back until Wednesday as I don't want to pass it on or for him to pick something else up while he's low.

On the work front can you take time off unpaid? That's what I'm doing.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It is hard as schools give such mixed messages with not spreading illnesses but also discouraging time off for illness that parents are often uncertain . Some parents will keep their kids off with as much as a sniffle others will send kids who should be in bed . Often if the parents both work absence due to a sick child is often more pressure too.
I do recall keeping my usually disgusting healthy son off with vomiting , we had just moved so had a 30 mile commute to school. When he went back I had a word with the teacher saying although he was no longer vomiting he wasn’t 100% and I wasn’t going home but staying local to school so if he was unwell to call me. She basically told me to toughen up and he’d be fine (she also used to tell me she knew “all about disabilities as she had a child (with an entirely different set) of Disabilities. ) I must admit I had to suppress a giggle later when the office called me ... as my son had thrown up all over her desk ! Most parents know their own kids !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you kept her off. You’ve done the right thing. I worked with a lovely lady years ago - when her little one was 3 she called up and explained she couldn’t come in, little one was throwing up. This lady was NEVER off EVER ... my boss hung up the phone and proceeded to go on about how she used to send her child in, sick or not! And how you can’t just stay off if you work? And that you have to have a back up plan! (Who wants to look after a sick child?). I was gob smacked! as this lady was such a hard worker and hadn’t had any time off previously, apart from mat leave (I’d worked there about 3 years then). I’m lucky that I’m a stay at home mum at the moment. My 4 year old has had 3 sickness bugs since October and I’ve had to keep her off loads - god help me if I’d have still been working in that place with such a unfeeling boss!
ETA: luckily she’s still in nursery so don’t have to worry about absences yet!

Edited at 11:06 AM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

So glad you kept her off school. Did you contact your GP for advice on what to give her? Keep everything cleaned at home to stop the bug spreading wash all the towels each day don’t share them this reduces contamination risks. Keep her hydrated if her tummy is still off. You can try Dioralyte powders ( kids version) to rehydrate her and keep the Calpol handy to stay on top of aches pains and fever. Hope she’s better soon.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you’ve kept her off.
Can you take Dependents Leave?
I hope your daughter is soon feeling better.
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
So glad you kept her off school. Did you contact your GP for advice on what to give her? Keep everything cleaned at home to stop the bug spreading wash all the towels each day don’t share them this reduces contamination risks. Keep her hydrated if her tummy is still off. You can try Dioralyte powders ( kids version) to rehydrate her and keep the Calpol handy to stay on top of aches pains and fever. Hope she’s better soon.
Ive got that dioralyte thing. She doesn’t like it at all bless her.

I understand not spreading it especially at school but they really don’t like time off. Luckily she’s in fs1 which means they can’t really say anything to us about it anyway.

Work weren’t very happy. I have to try and find a different day to come in when I really don’t have any days that I’m not working when I could since we have work men in random days till Xmas.

See even though nhs says not to go in if it was me that was poorly I would have to go to work. With sickness policy etc there wouldn’t be anyway to have off as I have a weak Immune system so pick up anything and very often.

She’s watching cartoons on the sofa all wrapped up in a blankie.
I think we will both have a cheeky nap this afternoon. I think I must be getting it too. Seems to be a head cold in my case though.

I always worry that I am not doing the right thing. We as kids were hardly ever kept off school.
I worry if not doing the right thing.

There also seems to be some kind of intolerance to things running down my side of the family that give you upset stomach like this and I do wonder if maybe youngest is like this too.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List