Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mcvay69
I want to go now!

Mobile

Hi

Anyone received an email regarding direct debit refund yet?
Mcvay69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mcvay69 View Post
Hi

Anyone received an email regarding direct debit refund yet?
No but people are reporting refunds to their bank accounts without receiving an email... I’ve received absolutely nothing as of yet 🤷
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mcvay69
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks I cancelled direct debit 1 month before they collapsed so unsure if I will need to fill out claim form
Mcvay69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mcvay69 View Post
Thanks I cancelled direct debit 1 month before they collapsed so unsure if I will need to fill out claim form
I have just phoned caa and they told me the refund should still be automatic even though i cancelled my direct debit before they collapsed. If i have not received my refund by monday at 4pm then i have to call them
di5ney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Was moaning to a colleague that I hadn't heard anything yet when, yay!, had a text off Halifax to ring them about my disputed charge.

Rang them. Nice chap but nothing on their system yet, can I ring back later?
If anything more annoying than not hearing anything at all

Will try later, it's a 24 hour line so hopefully will get through quickly late tonight.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

So rang back... they've no idea why the system sent me a text as they have no updates, and don't need any more info from me.
Sure the chap I spoke to thought I made up the text to chivvy them along
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Forgot to update this...

So after several more calls I have, today, finally been refunded.

A quick timeline;
23rd Sept - Rang, told to ring back friday as they are awaiting instructions.
30th Sept - Rang back, claim started. Told no documents required, they have enough to go on.
16th Oct - Receive text to ring them. Rang, they have no idea why I've been asked to ring.
7th Nov - 45 days, not heard anything. Ring and told, should have been asked for documentation. Most likely why they sent the text on 16th Oct :angry:
Emailed documents.
21st Nov - Not heard anything, ring to check they received documents. Get told they don't have an email address to contact me! Ask for disputes team to contact me.
2nd Dec - Still not heard anything. Ring and start a formal complaint.
Turns out 45 days restarted on 7th November and no-one told me... got some compensation for all the messing about.
11th Dec - Email stating they are happy to authorise refund. Checked and money already in account. Credit card now looks slightly less sad

What a palaver...
Old 11 Dec 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hotlush View Post
Forgot to update this...

So after several more calls I have, today, finally been refunded.

A quick timeline;
23rd Sept - Rang, told to ring back friday as they are awaiting instructions.
30th Sept - Rang back, claim started. Told no documents required, they have enough to go on.
16th Oct - Receive text to ring them. Rang, they have no idea why I've been asked to ring.
7th Nov - 45 days, not heard anything. Ring and told, should have been asked for documentation. Most likely why they sent the text on 16th Oct :angry:
Emailed documents.
21st Nov - Not heard anything, ring to check they received documents. Get told they don't have an email address to contact me! Ask for disputes team to contact me.
2nd Dec - Still not heard anything. Ring and start a formal complaint.
Turns out 45 days restarted on 7th November and no-one told me... got some compensation for all the messing about.
11th Dec - Email stating they are happy to authorise refund. Checked and money already in account. Credit card now looks slightly less sad

What a palaver...
Gosh! You really had the run around. Thankfully you got it in the end, but how much stress did they cause by not putting notes on your file so they knew what was needed.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Serious Dibber

I paid via Debit Card, applied on the day that they accepted refunds for and have still not been refunded.

No contact from them whatsoever and after chasing up on the 23rd December I got this on the 27th;

Dear Joe,

I truly apologise for the delayed response.

I can confirm that we received your claim and that our Claim Agents are currently working on it. I would like to reassure you that all valid ATOL protected payments will be paid back.

Please bear with us, as we are our team is currently managing our largest ever claims operation and we are doing everything we can to make these payments as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,
SF

---------------------

Anyone else still waiting?
JoeA is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

I paid by debit card and finally got my refund paid int my bank account on 3rd Jaunuary. So relieved.

Hope everyone gets their refunds soon who are waiting.