Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 19, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are on our road trip atm. We are 4 with one case each and one cabin sized backpack each. I’ve packed with packing cubes. If we are staying more than one night, the suitcase goes into the hotel. If I’m staying one night only I make sure I pack the backpack the day before with necessaries and take that into the hotel. We’ve hired an SUV and we’ve had no issues with cases being left in it overnight or during the day when parked
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

This is brilliant! Thanks so much. Very helpful. I hadn't thought of packing cubes. Also good tip about covering luggage over. I have some travel wash and was going to wash undies in places we are staying more than one night.
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We are 2A 1C we have one big hold-all and smaller one we use cubes by day and wash and dry. regardless of length of stay we have 5 days worth of clothes per adult plus rain coat/coat 2 jumpers and swimming costumes and 8 days for the child. We always have suv and take a black sheet then we put over the cases.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We are 2A 1C we have one big hold-all and smaller one we use cubes by day and wash and dry. regardless of length of stay we have 5 days worth of clothes per adult plus rain coat/coat 2 jumpers and swimming costumes and 8 days for the child. We always have suv and take a black sheet then we put over the cases.
I like to wash my clothes when on holiday. However it is not always that easy. This year we stayed in 7 different places (that does include a week on a ship) and only one place had a washing machine. We knew that we would only have one opportunity to wash and booked that hotel based on laundry facilities. I think what I am trying to say is the above idea is excellent just make sure you have access to laundry facilities.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

For us I mix everyone’s clothes up to begin with as am slightly paranoid about losing a case during flight and then if we do at least everyone has something, once we get to our first stop I unpack everything and then everyone has their own case and we take them into every hotel, I am also one for washing whilst I am away as just makes it easier at home
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
On our road trips, we always use packing cubes. It makes it so much easier for us. At some of our longer stays we unpack completely, which with packing cubes usually means unzipping them and laying them in a drawer. I pack similar things in the same cube - eg daytime shorts or cropped trousers in one, daytime tops in another. As you can see, I roll everything so I can see at a glance what I have, rather than rummaging through everything.

When we know we’ve only got a 1 or 2 night stay, we make sure everything we need is in just one case, that we open at that hotel. The other case still comes in the room with us, but stands in a corner locked.

We usually make sure there are laundry facilities in at least one of our accommodation choices, ideally midway through our holiday. That really helps.

Edited at 01:14 PM. Reason: Adding photo
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Fab tips and pics...thank you!

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have now done multi centres on several occasions With combinations of planes, trains and automobiles in between. We now do these ‘hand luggage only’ with our family of 2 plus boys of 17 and 13.

On arrival at an accommodation, we only take out that we will likely need and hang it up if appropriate. We each have a bag for putting aside dirty washing as it accumulates. We do use packing cubes.

As we move out of each accommodation, we put the 4 suitcases on the bed, packed but open. We then redistribute as necessary after carrying out a sweep of the accommodation.

The biggest bone of contention is the distribution of joint ‘assets’ such as Satnav (when not driving the next leg), Cameras, Leads, Souvenirs, etc.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Packing cubes, you'll need different clothes for different places so you can only take out the cubes you need and throw them straight in drawers, leaving the rest in the case
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We recently did a split stay trip to Thailand and found packing cubes very useful in separating which clothes we needed and when packing our cases we put the packing cases in, in the specific order we needed them in.