Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Also paid by DD and waiting, at the time of booking we didn’t pay extra to choose own seats but did pay for these as an “extra “ a few months ago, will that money be refunded as well or will I have lost that as it wasn’t included in the direct debit, we just paid for it with standard debit card ?
First timer loz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by First timer loz View Post
Also paid by DD and waiting, at the time of booking we didn’t pay extra to choose own seats but did pay for these as an “extra “ a few months ago, will that money be refunded as well or will I have lost that as it wasn’t included in the direct debit, we just paid for it with standard debit card ?
We raised a dispute through chargeback for our flights next September (paid with debit card)last week. We then found more charges to Thomas Cook which were seat bookings. We raised a separate dispute yesterday.
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
put my section 75 in on Monday 26 phoned again on 30th was told 7-10 days from the 23 still not heard anything so ill be ringing again tomorrow (I am with sainsburys)
I am with Sainsbury and I’m being given the run around as well. I rang on the 23 September and rang them again on the 2/10. They told me after the latest call that they are waiting for information from the CAA and they should be sending forms out in the next couple of days. I told them my claim is with them not the CAA and I want to make a section 75 claim. He just waffled about MasterCard not allowing claims to be made yet. I think, and this is just my theory, they are trying to get out of paying up under section 75 if you came back on repatriation flight. I paid for PE flights with TC so therefore my contract wasn’t completed.

If I don’t receive the forms shortly I will contact the financial ombudsman.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby

Edited at 08:45 AM.
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by spenners View Post
I am with Sainsbury and I’m being given the run around as well. I rang on the 23 September and rang them again on the 2/10. They told me after the latest call that they are waiting for information from the CAA and they should be sending forms out in the next couple of days. I told them my claim is with them not the CAA and I want to make a section 75 claim. He just waffled about MasterCard not allowing claims to be made yet. I think, and this is just my theory, they are trying to get out of paying up under section 75 if you came back on repatriation flight. I paid for PE flights with TC so therefore my contract wasn’t completed.

If I don’t receive the forms shortly I will contact the financial ombudsman.
You will need to raise a formal complaint with Sainsbury’s first. They will then have up to 8 weeks to respond either with their final response or to advise if they need further time to investigate. Once that response has been received you can then raise with the ombudsman if you’re not satisfied.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

sainsburys

just been on the phone again to sainsburys and as told its in the hands of the dispute team and will be at least another week before I hear any thing but I still have to make monthly payments but they wont charge me interest whoopy bloody doo
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I've disputed a payment made using my Visa debit (First Direct) for TC seats (the flights were paid with Visa credit so are a different dispute). The reply I had today when I chased up the chargeback of £176 was that First Direct are awaiting further instruction from Visa with regards to what to do
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
just been on the phone again to sainsburys and as told its in the hands of the dispute team and will be at least another week before I hear any thing but I still have to make monthly payments but they wont charge me interest whoopy bloody doo
Have they said they are sending you some paperwork to complete? I have contacted Which legal today and arranged a phone consultation with them to find out what my rights are. Sainsbury’s bank seem to be making lots of excuses not to start the claiming process

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
I've disputed a payment made using my Visa debit (First Direct) for TC seats (the flights were paid with Visa credit so are a different dispute). The reply I had today when I chased up the chargeback of £176 was that First Direct are awaiting further instruction from Visa with regards to what to do
When we put our dispute through on 24th September for next years flights the lady at first direct told me that first direct would pay the money then they would get it back. When I phoned yesterday to put another dispute through for seats booked, I was told the same as you! I don’t know who to believe now.
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Starling bank, MasterCard debit card - Put chargeback claim in 14th Sept got my refund 2nd October - they where sparse with details when I was chasing them but all of a sudden I received a message on my app to say here the refund MasterCard have so many days to dispute the charge back etc.
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Zacknkeirasmum
Dancing with Tink'

So any money we have paid via direct debit will automatically be refunded? Will that be the same for an additional debit card payment made to upgrade the flights to premium or will we need to claim that back separately via the claim form which will be available on 7th? I'm getting confused now xx

Zacknkeirasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List