Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Nov 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 21 - MK and Home Time :(

Day 21 - MK, Be our Guest then home time

We couldn't believe it was time to go home after the most amazing holiday .

We got up about 8, tired from our late night but hopefully that would mean we would sleep on the flight!

We got up and got ready, we left a load of toiletries and snacks in the laundry room as we had to leave as we couldn't fit into our cases (we had three and still struggled for space ) and said goodbye to our deflated Buzz balloon.

We took our bags over to reception, it took two trips but we wanted to get to MK so decided to take it ourselves rather than call luggage services. We also got a chocolate eclair to share for breakfast using a snack credit.

We got on a bus to MK, then realised we never actually went to reception to check out. When we got to MK we went to guest services and asked and they said it was fine, as we had a credit card on file we didn't need to check out at reception anyway.

We went and used our space mountain FP, the park was pretty busy, noticeably busier than the day before. We were sent the other way on space mountain (we has always gone right all 6 times we had ridden it, finally we got to go left). We both agreed right was in fact better but we were glad we finally got to go left too.

After we got off space mountain we went and used our seven dwarfs FP, the queue was at 90 mins. It was sooo hot again, about 33°, I wouldn't fancy waiting in a long queue for any ride.

I think the only ride we had really queued for all holiday was Hagrid's at 50 mins the first time. Planning and making use of FP and the Touring Plans worked! My parents also only waited 45 mins once for a ride (they cant remember which one ), even though EMH was on at every park and they were off sight for all but one night (see day 12/13), they got to the park for opening and they used a touring plan for most parks.

We checked in for our Be our Guest reservation, we had booked an early lunch purposely so we weren't worried about time. We asked to use two table service credits as we now had two left over from Ohana the previous night.

I had the croque monsiour and Chris had the turkey club, we both had a glass of wine. I love this place, it's so gorgeous.

Chris' sandwich had so much turkey in it!

We finished our food and wine and went and used our thunder mountain FP, the FP queue was quite long and the main queue was about 70 mins.

After the ride we decided to head out via the main street shops, we got an ice cream from the ice cream parlour, we went for a brownie sundae to share using a snack credit, it was huge!

We couldn't finish it but we both loved it. We looked round for the shops, Chris disappeared while I popped to the toilets and I later found out he had thought me a pandora charm for planning the holiday .

We got some photos of us leaving the park, we shouldn't look so happy, we were very sad to be leaving.

We had quite a wait for the bus but were back at the hotel about 2.15. We got our bags and got changed. We had so much stuff!

We both went over to El Mercado separately to get a sandwich for later using our quick service credits, we also got two bags of sweets and an iced coffee which finished off the last of our DDP.

Our Tragic Express arrived at 3.45, we didn't make any stops so headed straight to the airport. We dropped our bags off fine and waited for our flight, we popped for a drink and also ate our sandwich.

We couldn't believe how quickly the whole three weeks had gone. We got on the plane which was uneventful and we managed to sleep most of the way.

We landed at Gatwick and got a taxi home ready to get through our HUGE pile of washing!

Thank you for reading
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Just binged read the whole report, it was fantastic and looked an amazing holiday!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Great read. Out of interest, Leander and I were in Old Key West from 16th to 24th and Grand F from 24th to 26th, so wondered if our paths might have crossed. Loved september (apart from being part of the Thomas Cook nightmare) and failed on the Dining Plan
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to write, I always enjoy reading your reports great holiday.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have just finished your report and loved it. You got it written up so quickly - well done you! I'm really looking forward to galaxy's edge - it looks amazing!
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Just binged read the whole report, it was fantastic and looked an amazing holiday!
Thank you, it really was 🙂. Thanks for reading.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Great read. Out of interest, Leander and I were in Old Key West from 16th to 24th and Grand F from 24th to 26th, so wondered if our paths might have crossed. Loved september (apart from being part of the Thomas Cook nightmare) and failed on the Dining Plan
Oh wow that doesn't sound ideal but hope you had a lovely holiday. Oh no were you able to get back ok? Thanks for reading 🙂
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write, I always enjoy reading your reports great holiday.
Thank you so much 🙂
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I have just finished your report and loved it. You got it written up so quickly - well done you! I'm really looking forward to galaxy's edge - it looks amazing!
Thanks, I was writing it up as I went as otherwise knew it was take ages 😂. Galaxy's Edge was just incredible! Thank you for reading 🙂
Old 24 Nov 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

Have loved reading your trip report! We are going on honeymoon to Orlando in 8 days and also have 3 weeks booked so it's been great to see how much you got done. Glad you had an amazing time thanks for taking the time to write it all up!
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List