Old 18 Nov 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 11 - Epcot, Garden Grill & H/Studios 50's Primetime

Saturday 18th August

We had another early start today but not quite as early as the previous morning thankfully.

It didn't take long for us to get ready as we were having breakfast in the park today so that really is a time saver.

Sun lotion applied we were ready and on our way out for 7.30am!

We were then walking through the car park at Epcot at 7.55 and like yesterday we were parked on the first row of general parking.

So quiet!

After security we headed over to the queue for dining reservations which happened to be quite short. We chatted to an American couple with a small child who were going to Chip n Dale’s Harvest Breakfast too, they were very excited like us too!

Once in Epcot we walked very quickly up to the Land. Not quite sure why Scott felt the need for this power walk as I was keen to take a few pictures of a near empty Epcot!

I followed slowly behind trying to get a few pics along the way but i failed miserably.

It was strange walking through a quiet Epcot though.

Our reservation was for 8.10 we arrived just a few minutes before and we went through straight away which was really good.

The table felt a little bit cramped when we sat down and there didn’t look like they’d be much room for the food and drinks, but still we were seated on the bottom tier which we always like.

Our server brought the cinnamon roll out along with some fruit then the first character came out, either Chip or Dale! I know how bad of me not to know!

He caught us a bit by surprise so we didn’t have our autograph book ready. Never mind we had plenty of hugs!

Next was the other one, Chip or Dale who was very cheeky and he had good fun with us.

We managed to have some food after he’d gone. There wasn’t a great deal of fruit on the plate so when our server came back we asked for some more. She promptly obliged and brought the breakfast skillet out too.

There was the usual breakfast fare on the plate. Poppy only wanted sausages’ though which was a good job as we never saw our server again to request some more food! When I went to the toilet I passed her and asked for some more sausages for Poppy and some more drinks for us all.

On my return Mickey came to visit us and then Pluto. We had some lovely interaction with them both and they spent quite a bit of time at our table.

Both Chip and Dale came by again to say hello and this time we had our autograph books at the ready!

Both of them were such good fun!
We left the restaurant just before 9am. We would’ve been out sooner but we were sat waiting for the server to bring the check out.

Once we’d got sorted out we headed straight over to Soarin. The park had just opened so the crowds hadn't made it up to here yet. Just as we thought it was virtually empty.

t was just us and two other ladies on our flight and we were sat on the front row. Amazing as always I just love this ride so much. I felt so emotional after we landed and had a tear in my eye, I know it’s a bit silly but It really is one of my favourite Disney rides.

Straight onto Living on the Land next which of course was walk on. This is one of Poppy’s favourites. The park was now open so it was good to have done a couple of rides so early in the morning.

First fast pass of the day was Test Track so we headed over there next. Now we all love this ride and we think it's great how you get to design your own car! it’s so exhilarating racing around that track too.

We looked at the cars afterwards and played some games too. We had a bit of time to kill before our next fast pass for Mission Space.

When it was time for us to go Poppy announced that she wanted to ride the orange version. Now usually Scott would go with Jamie and Hayden on the more extreme ride whilst Poppy and I would stick to the gentle green version. Poppy was adamant that she wanted to go with Scott and the boys so I just waited outside for them. No way would I try that option!

It was so hot today thankfully I managed to find a shady spot to wait for them. I also managed a quick peek in Mouse Gears to check out the Disney ears in there.

On their return Poppy said she wasn’t keen on the orange version. Thankfully she didn’t feel sick or have an headache, but it had made her feel a bit queasy. I knew she wouldn’t like it but they’ve got to find out for themselves. We told her to drink lots of water, which she did and she soon felt a lot better.

So much so that we went into Club Cool next to sample some of the sodas.

Next stop was the Nemo ride which was walk on followed by us looking at the manatee’s and the other marine life in the aquarium.

Our last fast pass was for Turtle Talk, our kids are too old be sat at the front asking questions but it’s funny to hear what some of the little one’s ask and the replies that Crush comes back with.

We found the toothpaste wall on our way out

Went over to Starbucks and used a couple of snack credits up. Even though it was lunch time we just wasn’t hungry, we were still really full from the breakfast so just picked up some drinks.

Poppy wanted to look at the Minnie ears so knowing that Mouse Gears had quite a range, we walked over there for a look. Of course it’s hard just to look and Poppy ending up getting a new pair of lovely ears.

We found the Bubblegum wall and took a few more pics like we had done at the Tootpaste wall.

Our last ride here was Spaceship Earth just as we were leaving the park. Another family favourite done before we left to go back to the resort.

We managed to grab a few photopass pics on our way out!

It was such a hot day so once back we changed and went down to the main pool.

Just love the walk through the beautiful grounds of Riversde.

We all enjoyed the water it really cooled us down and Poppy played some of the poolside games at the pool party.

All showered and changed we made our way over to Hollywood Studios for our ADR at 50’s primetime. We weren’t waiting long before we were called through and we couldn’t believe that we were seated at the same table as when we were here in 2016! The server was different though and well in character - he got Jamie to set the table!

The food here is good and plentiful we really like the fried chicken here and the milkshakes are so good and yummy but are so filling.

We struggled a bit with our desserts but finished in the end and Jamie had to clear the table for us!

Afterwards we walked up to see the new Toy Story Land. We obtained a return time for Toy Story Mania then had a good look around the area taking in all the great details.

I’d been able to get a normal fast pass for Star Tours so we rode that next. Brilliant as ever!

On the way out we purchased another pair of ears for Poppy which Jamie was keen to model!

Then it was time for Toy Story Mania which we all love so much.

Next was the Muppet show, there was only a few people in the theatre. The kids really love this show, I like that you can have a bit of a break from the heat in here especially in the day.

We had a little wander around before going over to watch the Star wars fireworks. We stood to the side somewhat so whilst not being the best view we had plenty of room around us.

The show started and it was really good, Hayden loved it. They didn’t seem as spectacular as our previous visit 2 years ago and they were very loud. Still we’d had a lovely night here and the show had finished off the night perfectly.

We left the park then, somehow we managed to find our car straight away which is unusual for us and we were back in our room at 10.45.

We’d had a brilliant day going on some of our old favourites in Epcot the n seeing the new Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios. We still had more exploring to come too in this new area

Thanks for reading.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

What an action packed day! I love your rainbow ears.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
What an action packed day! I love your rainbow ears.
Ahh thank you, i bought the rainbow ears from Primark!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It was Chip who visited your table first, he has a darker “chocolate chip” nose! Another fab day for you all.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
It was Chip who visited your table first, he has a darker “chocolate chip” nose! Another fab day for you all.
Ahh thanks I should really know as my kids tell me often enough
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nice relaxed morning at Epcot. The platter at garden grill looks nice, it's a shame you had to chase your server for more food thoug.

Great evening at HS as well. It must have been exciting seeing Toy Store Land for the first time.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Nice relaxed morning at Epcot. The platter at garden grill looks nice, it's a shame you had to chase your server for more food thoug.

Great evening at HS as well. It must have been exciting seeing Toy Store Land for the first time.
The platter was very good and so was the sticky bun. That's the only issue with family style dining trying to get more food!

Ahh it was great to see it for
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Busy day and although I'm not a Star Wars fan I love the Star Wars fireworks
Old 19 Apr 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Busy day and although I'm not a Star Wars fan I love the Star Wars fireworks
Always great to watch some fireworks