Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Dec 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

We had a great stay in August and going again next year. Right on the trolley route if you want to go towards The Point or Seaworld or outlets. Air con bus to parks. We used Uber a few times. We had no car and felt it was brilliantly situated for our needs. Having a budget hotel with two bedrooms sealed the deal to go back. Cabana Bay pool is better and Portofino luxurious but happy with Endless Summer and the first time we are going back to the same hotel

Edited at 07:13 PM.
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
silky
Excited about Disney

silky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've booked Oct 2020 at Endless Summer Resort Dockside Inn - which is due to open March 2020 so snagging list should be complete lol

2 bedroom family suites was reason i picked her, plus Dockside looks nicer than Surfside, but time will tell
silky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
roulainde
I have Ears

I am seriously considering booking Endless Summer Resort for our next september trip. We usually stay at the Rosen Inn over the road but this seems a reasonably cheap upgrade to an "on-site" hotel.

The one thing that really puts me off is the $16 per night parking fee. It quickly adds up on a 2 week stay. Anyone knows if Virgin is planning on offering free parking like they do at Cabana Bay?

Also, does anyone knows if the shuttle to the parks is for hotel guests only or can anyone hop on?
roulainde is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by roulainde View Post
Also, does anyone knows if the shuttle to the parks is for hotel guests only or can anyone hop on?
can't comment on the parking fee, I think that's anyone's guess at that point

regarding the shuttles to the park, I don't know if it's supposed to be guest only, or not, but it's fact that they do not check room keys or anything

so, as far as we currently know, shuttle buses are for anyone to use.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
roulainde
I have Ears

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Thanks I couln't find any info anywhere about this.

I guess the easy way to avoid the parking fee is to not hire a car and uber to disney and seaworld but I so far failed to convince my other half that a car free holiday will be as good.
roulainde is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
can't comment on the parking fee, I think that's anyone's guess at that point

regarding the shuttles to the park, I don't know if it's supposed to be guest only, or not, but it's fact that they do not check room keys or anything

Originally Posted by roulainde View Post
I am seriously considering booking Endless Summer Resort for our next september trip. We usually stay at the Rosen Inn over the road but this seems a reasonably cheap upgrade to an "on-site" hotel.

The one thing that really puts me off is the $16 per night parking fee. It quickly adds up on a 2 week stay. Anyone knows if Virgin is planning on offering free parking like they do at Cabana Bay?

Regarding the parking fees on the Endless Summer groups on fb I know many have had reduced rates for parking when staying in the hotel and majority have paid way less than $16 per day. I guess if you don't ask you don't get.

Personally we are opting to not take a car for our 3rd trip, using shuttles, I-Ride trolley for close by and Uber for Disney.
Old 6 Dec 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
roulainde
I have Ears

Originally Posted by CrazyBaby View Post
Regarding the parking fees on the Endless Summer groups on fb I know many have had reduced rates for parking when staying in the hotel and majority have paid way less than $16 per day. I guess if you don't ask you don't get.

Personally we are opting to not take a car for our 3rd trip, using shuttles, I-Ride trolley for close by and Uber for Disney.
That's good to know! I will definitely look into this more before deciding.

I see more and more people opting to go without a car. I guess these parking charges are having the desired effect...

Parking issues aside, the Endless Summer hotels are really the type of hotels that would make us move to onsite hotels. Very affordable but still with the perks of staying on-resort.
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
chloe87
Getting Excited

chloe87's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We stayed in September and based on our experience wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

We stayed in 2 bed suite which was perfect for our needs by giving my sister her own bit of privacy. The little kitchenette was handy. Sink, coffee machine and fridge.

highly rated the shuttles, never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a bus to turn up. We left the car behind on every trip to universal.

As for parking fees, on arrival after being told the overall cost we asked if there was anything they could do seeing as we were staying for 7 nights and instantly the price was dropped. We didn't haggle so who knows how much they would have dropped it but we were happy with what we paid.
chloe87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
We will be there at the same time! I’m really looking forward to my stay!
Looks like we arrive a few days after you.
We're really looking forward too and DH has been asking how much Disney tickets are so it looks like he's thinking of trying to fit Disney in too 😀
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
silky
Excited about Disney

silky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No car for me, and i trolley goes direct to Seaworld. Hotel free buses to Universal ofcourse.
plus free bus from Universal City Walk to Busch Gardens now just over an hour away and considered by some the best park.

Uber are said to be dirt cheap also.
Why have a car sitting in a parking lot costing you money most days.
Plus no car means you can have a beer or two!
silky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List