Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Dec 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely try booking for 4 people that worked for me when we were a party of 3
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mobile

Definitely just keep trying right up until the day. People change plans all the time, particularly when they are there so slots always open up.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t understand this? I have never been able to make more than one booking in the space of an hour. I can only do bookings if they include the lead name too.
Ah yes, I remember that we had to each make a separate Disney account to do this! You'd have to link all the accounts together in the friends and family section so that you can book FPs together later on - and you'd have to have the main person be able to manage plans for that person.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Just noticed a 1.30 table for 2 on the 9th is showing available at the moment, May be worth grabbing and then trying to amend if you are still looking x
Old 3 Dec 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I can’t see any point in booking for two, for four yes, but amending won’t be possible unless a table for three or four comes up anyway. Holding a table for two won’t help with that and is blocking somebody else.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I can’t see any point in booking for two, for four yes, but amending won’t be possible unless a table for three or four comes up anyway. Holding a table for two won’t help with that and is blocking somebody else.
A lot of restaurants don't have a fixed number of table allocations. A lot will have a head count and will rearrange the tables depending on the head count / party configs. Specially a restaurant like Be Our Guest which is basically a big fancy food hall with tables and chairs that are not fixed to the ground and can be rearranged to suit.

You are thinking for a party of 4 to get a booking you will need a party of 4 to cancel when in reality if you already have a booking for a party for 2 you will only need a party of 2 to cancel for you to be able to book for your party of 4.

It obviously depends on the restaurant but all most all restaurants have at least an element of the restaurant that is open to this style of on the fly configuration.

Edited at 03:08 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
You are thinking for a party of 4 to get a booking you will need a party of 4 to cancel when in reality if you already have a booking for a party for 2 you will only need a party of 2 to cancel for you to be able to book for your party of 4.

We are a party of two and we have always sat at a table for two. There is no way a party of four could have taken our tables unless they sat on each other’s knees. Restaurants need to keep track of their headcount, booking for a smaller party isn’t helpful to anyone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We are a party of two and we have always sat at a table for two. There is no way a party of four could have taken our tables unless they sat on each other’s knees. Restaurants need to keep track of their headcount, booking for a smaller party isn’t helpful to anyone.
I guess you don't realise they can and do push tables together to create different configs.

We was a party of six last year at Be Our Guest with a table of four and two pushed together to create a six. They can and do push together tables of two to create tables of fours.

So booking for a smaller party is totally useful to the person doing it if their strategy is to get in the end a table of four.

Look at this photo do you think they would only ever sit parties of two on those two seater tables ? I can 100% confirm that isn't the case.

Edited at 03:40 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Can I please jump on this thread and ask this QQ:

We are off site and have a booking for BoG breakfast @08.15 on the morning of EMH at MK. If we are finished before the official park opening at 9am will we be allowed into MK with those having EMH?
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Can I please jump on this thread and ask this QQ:

We are off site and have a booking for BoG breakfast @08.15 on the morning of EMH at MK. If we are finished before the official park opening at 9am will we be allowed into MK with those having EMH?
No but you will still be in a good position for Fantasyland rides. If possible though I would switch to a non EMH morning.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List