Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Dec 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Maybe similar issues to us and many other people.
The hotel (BC) is in desperate need of a full refurbish but there are no plans for this in the Disney calendar to happen anytime in the next few years.

The beds and mattresses are appalling and only get swapped out once someone complains. The wifi is being replaced in parts of the hotel, but other parts are very flaky.

We had all our belongings removed from our room and moved to an different room when we complained, without us knowing or our permission.

Half the plug sockets worked in either of our rooms and the first room had flickering lights.

When I complained to front desk and then when they phoned me for a follow up call after our stay, I was told they are listing all these complaints to push for a renovation as its the only way Disney will move it up the list (or even put it on the list).

I could go on for far more detail about the BC. We wanted to visit it for years, have stayed at many other resorts and completely regret going. We received one night refunded (well actually worked out 1.5 times refund as they refunded rack rate), 4 free FPs each a day, free taxis offsite, a fancy dessert sent to the room and 5 free nights to any deluxe hotel in the future.

I caution anyone staying at BC to check over the room and beds before you unpack. Pull down the blankets and push the mattresses with your hands. I hope you dont, but I bet you feel the springs.

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
Also interested in this! We are there for 2 weeks as of 1st of Feb and this has concerned me a bit! (Sorry to hijack the thread)

OP, that is absolutely amazing. I hope you have a wonderful trip :-) x
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow amazing!
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Maybe similar issues to us and many other people.
The hotel (BC) is in desperate need of a full refurbish but there are no plans for this in the Disney calendar to happen anytime in the next few years.

The beds and mattresses are appalling and only get swapped out once someone complains. The wifi is being replaced in parts of the hotel, but other parts are very flaky.

We had all our belongings removed from our room and moved to an different room when we complained, without us knowing or our permission.

Half the plug sockets worked in either of our rooms and the first room had flickering lights.

When I complained to front desk and then when they phoned me for a follow up call after our stay, I was told they are listing all these complaints to push for a renovation as its the only way Disney will move it up the list (or even put it on the list).

I could go on for far more detail about the BC. We wanted to visit it for years, have stayed at many other resorts and completely regret going. We received one night refunded (well actually worked out 1.5 times refund as they refunded rack rate), 4 free FPs each a day, free taxis offsite, a fancy dessert sent to the room and 5 free nights to any deluxe hotel in the future.

I caution anyone staying at BC to check over the room and beds before you unpack. Pull down the blankets and push the mattresses with your hands. I hope you dont, but I bet you feel the springs.
We had similar issues with the yacht in Nov , and yes we have a free stay at any deluxe offer . I wouldn’t stay there again unless it’s completely refurbed and different manager and it’s certainly not worth the money.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

What a fantastic upgrade! 😊 Makes it all the more exciting too, I bet.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just for some balance. We have stayed at the Beach Club a few times, last in 2018 and have only had great experiences. I am not suggesting reports of others are not accurate but the issues are not whole resort wide either. I hope those of you due to visit BC soon don’t get one of the rooms with issues because it’s a lovely resort.
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Just for some balance. We have stayed at the Beach Club a few times, last in 2018 and have only had great experiences. I am not suggesting reports of others are not accurate but the issues are not whole resort wide either. I hope those of you due to visit BC soon don’t get one of the rooms with issues because it’s a lovely resort.
I think you've been lucky there. We've had issues the last two times and been upgraded both times.

If it wasn't for the location I would steer clear at the moment until the refurb. Not worth the hassle.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I am confused at the upgrade though, if Disney felt that a five bed (well 4.5 bed) room at PORS was to small, then how would upgrading to GF help?

Edited at 09:40 AM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I am confused at the upgrade though, if Disney felt that a five bed (well 4.5 bed) room at PORS was to small, then how would upgrading to GF help?
The third bed at POR is a pull down which likely has a maximum weight. The GF third bed is a day bed which is sturdier and more like a small sofa bed. We had both on our last trip (Contemporary and VGF) and I think an adult would be ok on the day bed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

So what were are saying here is, book 5 adults into PORS and get a possible upgrade
In cases where you are taking 2 teens, who pay adult prices anyway, then its only booking one more and just book them as adults. Then just wait, if nothing happens you just cancel the extra person, and you can still cancel the extra person after the upgrade if you do get one.

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
The third bed at POR is a pull down which likely has a maximum weight. The GF third bed is a day bed which is sturdier and more like a small sofa bed. We had both on our last trip (Contemporary and VGF) and I think an adult would be ok on the day bed.
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

We were supposed to stay at POFQ two years ago and because of construction at another moderate hotel they were swapping people to POFQ and we got upgraded to Grand Floridian! We are a family of four but couldn’t believe our luck. It was lovely you will love it!
We are going back next summer but unfortunately can’t afford Grand Floridian so have booked POFQ but don’t think we will luck out twice!
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List