Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Dec 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

That's so weird. I had a look myself at budget/en/loyalty-profile/fastbreak and there are indeed no European countries on the list. Australia, New Zealand, Honduras, even Venezuela, are there though. I wonder why? I was so perplexed I contacted their phone support. The girl looked into it for five minutes and could not come up with an answer. She was surprised too and suggested just signing up using your hotel address. I'm not sure how that detail might impact insurance issues though. Good luck.
Old 13 Dec 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Army
Earning More Ears

I booked car hire with Budget last night for pick up at Tampa airport. I booked through Expedia as it was my cheapest quote.

I registered with Fastbreak using my cousins address in Australia. I got an email back requesting that I verify my account. I did this & gave them my driving licence number. It requested what country the licence was issued, so it looked very promising when the UK popped up in the drop down menu. Also I gave my credit card no where they were going to take $1.50 & refund it in a few days. I was able to locate my booking even though I booked with Expedia & not direct with Budget. Only problem was I had nothing next to the booking that I was registered with Fastbreak, so I didn't know what I needed to do when I arrived in Tampa.

I phoned Budget in the UK to explain the situation. The representative had never heard of Fastbreak & said skip the queue was only available to Avis customers. He transferred my call to Budget in the USA. I was told that the first time you use the service you have to sign papers at the main desk in the airport, & from there on you can skip the queue? This has never been the procedure when I've made previous bookings with Alamo or Avis. Doesn't sound right to me.

So in my opinion it's a waste of time unless you intend making future bookings with Budget.

If anyone else gets a better result than me, please post it as I don't travel until February half term.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Jack Army is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Anywadsie
First POST

Mobile

Iim also looking on how to use and sign up to fast break from the uk
ALSO travelling in February. Dont fancy having to que up if can help it! Any one else had anymore luck.
Anywadsie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List