Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Dec 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Guess who saved by flying TC ? Day 2.

Had a great night at ASMovies, got up quite early as all Brits do, but we had planned to use this to our advantage.I had pre-booked a return taxi with Mears a few months back, to WalMart, so we could have bagels and other snacks and drinks for our OKW stay. I also knew we could stock up on clothes and other things. I always like to buy food to leave unopened at the end of a stay
The ASMovies food court was just what the doctor ordered last night and I had a King Prawn pasta dish with Leander tucking into a chicken burger. we had to pay as our dining plan didnt kick in until we check in at OKW. I was up way before Leander so went for a coffee and while I waited for it to open, I chewed the fat with the desk agents. I love all that. They said its always the Brits who wander around at the crack of dawn like
its midday
We had an hour or so to kill before our cab, so we walked through all three resorts, they are very Disney and as I said, very atmospheric. We packed up and took the bags over to the bellhops to deliver over to OKW.
Walmart went quite well, unti I got to the till. $700.01. Yes. $700.01. Presents for grandkids, food and clothes. $700.01.
We got the cab straight to OKW and raised a few eyebrows with all our goodies. Check in went quite well at about 12 ish, there was a villa available, but not the one I requested. I took the one they offered, South Port Road , upstairs block 51. Our balcony overlooked the golf course and even though it was by the main road, it took about an hour for the noise to blend into the background and disappear. The villa was huge. Massive bed, big sink and bath area, walk through into big shower and loo area, alternative door out through utility room into the corridor between bedroom and living area. Two big sofas and a big table by a huge telly and big kitchen area. Only pain was putting blinds up and down.
We had planned a FP for Frozen at Epcot in the evening as we didnt know how the day would pan out with check in etc., so had a wander to see what was about, but jumped on the boat to Disney Springs to get some food. We went to D-Luxe burger. Superb. Got to ues the DDP for the first time and we thoroughly enjoyed.After this we got the bus back to get acquainted with the stops etc. and to get organised with the luggage.
I had booked ADRs for Olivias at the resort, and had the Prime Rib and Key Lime Pie, while Leander had the Buttermilk Chicken and Cheesecake. The DDP allowed me to have an Angry Orchard Cider and Leander a cocktail. Man, the cocktails are strong.
After food we went to the bus stop and went to Epcot. It was really good to see all the familiar sights as we walked through to the World Showcase to do our FP.
I noticed later in the holiday that there were no, or very few, Memory Makers at Epcot.We wandered over to do the Nemo ride and then went back to the room where I thought Id make a start on my snacks. However, as I found out, I just couldnt cope with all the DDP food. Used only 2 snacks, so 2 carried over. It got worse as the stay went on. Jumped into bed and reflected how good it was to be back at Disney.
Tomorrow would bring that Whatsapp message about TC...
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow I hope you were happy with your souvenirs from Wal-Mart, that's some shopping trip.

Your villa at OKW sounds huge, I'm sure there was plenty of room for the unopened snacks! We are the same the fridge ends up full of desserts we've taken to go as we didn't fancy them, which largely end up in the bin (unless I let the kids eat them for breakfast).

Sounds like a lovely evening in Epcot. I love that getting into bed on your first proper day and knowing that the rest of the holiday is ahead of you. What a shame the next day was when you got wind of the potential Thomas Cook problems.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List